2025 NHL Entry Draft Thread

LGR4GM

Scouting season officially kicks off with the Hlinka in August. Here's a look at the early list of players to keep an eye. 

Note: if you don't care about the draft, just leave it be. 

While 2024 was the year of defense, 2025 is forwards. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

I don’t wanna leave it be.

Store Christmas decorations in September.

only kidding.  Sort of.  Im not gonna dissuade conversation even if I could.

Edited by Weave

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Quick note, Gavin McKenna won't be draft eligible until 2026. He may lead the WHL in scoring this year anyways. 

2026 draft has several big time talents. McKenna will go first, but picks 2 and 3 are likely to be super stars as well. Stacked draft. Wonder if some teams start to "rebuild" if they start off slow this season and make some players available to position themselves nicely for 2026?

On 7/3/2024 at 4:57 PM, LGR4GM said:

Scouting season officially kicks off with the Hlinka in August. Here's a look at the early list of players to keep an eye. 

Note: if you don't care about the draft, just leave it be. 

While 2024 was the year of defense, 2025 is forwards. 

I was bored last week and watched every available game of the Hlinka-Gretzky tournament. I'm as ready as ever for the draft. A lot of the top players projected here did not play though.

Players that stood out to me-

Matthew Schaefer, who's listed high on the projected list. He was one of the top players for Canada.

Really liked Cameron Schmidt, tiny player but electric. Always moving and is everywhere. Reminded me of Logan Stankoven.

Jakob Ihs-Wozniak was impressive for Sweden. Big body, smart player, quick release.

My favorite player in this tournament was Adam Benak, also tiny, but he was everywhere. Cole Caufield vibes.

Max Westergard for Finland was a nice player despite Finland having a really terrible team. He wasnt afriad to play physical, went to the net, nice shot, high compete.

The best player on team USA i thought was #22 center Matthew Lansing who is actually from Buffalo. Hard working player, plays both ends, seems like a Ryan Callahan type of player.

6 hours ago, Two or less said:

2026 draft has several big time talents. McKenna will go first, but picks 2 and 3 are likely to be super stars as well. Stacked draft. Wonder if some teams start to "rebuild" if they start off slow this season and make some players available to position themselves nicely for 2026?

Pens may try to get McKenna to keep that Lemieux, Crosby lineage going.