Victor Olofsson signs with Vegas 1 year 1.05 Million

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Victor Olofsson signs with Vegas 1 year 1.05 Million

Olofsson will do well in Vegas and outplay the contract.  He's a better hockey player than he gets credit for on this board.  He'll be properly utilized and will score lots of power play goals and even score some at even strength.  He has one of the best shots in the league.  His defensive play will also improve, because that's what the coach and his teammates will demand, just like it did for Eichel.  Regardless of his strengths and weaknesses as a player, it was time for a fresh start for both sides.

Note that I wrote an almost identical post in the Girgensons thread.  

• Like (+1) 4

9 hours ago, inkman said:

That’s one way to look at it. Also, the Sabres had such little talent, that the most one dimensional hockey player that I’ve ever seen, was given top line minutes as they had no one else.  

I’ve never gotten this complaint with VO. One dimensional, as in purely offensive? Ok. But he’s not just a “sniper guy”, and usually one dimensional is more often used to describe players like like. 

Dude can pass. He’s got more career assists than goals 

- - - 

Up until last season he had 4 seasons as a pro in the nhl and *4 seasons* of good production. That’s actually uncommon. I’d be highly inclined to think this most recent season, under Donny meatballs, where coincidentally our whole offence imploded, is the outlier and the exception to the VO rule 

Edited by Thorny