Sabres sign Goalie James Reimer

Brawndo

He’s kinda the perfect backup for a young guy like UPL at this point.

This is the kind of play a real NHL team would make given the other 2 goalies in the organization.

Fills in while Luukkonen carries the load up here and they play the ***** out of Levi in Rochester. 

Watch them bring back the three-headed monster.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

You sure it's a 2 way deal?  Not showing that way on CF just yet.

Especially if it isn't, doubt he'd get claimed getting sent down.  Though it's obviously aa possibility.

Said so on the Sabres Press popup from their app

Yet to have seen it though anywhere else which is weird

Edited by thewookie1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

Said so on the Sabres Press popup from their app

Cool.  All that was said on they're website was:

By
Jourdon LaBarber
@jourdonlabarber Sabres.com
8:55 AM

The Buffalo Sabres have signed goaltender James Reimer to a one-year contract worth $1 million, the team announced Monday.

Reimer, 36, went 11-8-2 with a .904 save percentage and two shutouts in 25 games last season with the Detroit Red Wings.

The 14-year veteran has a .910 save percentage in 501 career regular-season games and is tied for 10th among active goaltenders with 215 wins. He has had a save percentage of .900 or higher in all but one seasons.

No mention of 1 way or 2 way.  The Filly cast-off is definitely on a 2 way deal.

I’m more shocked than common sense says I should be.

It's just Adams has been so stubborn in net, you’d think he’s just continue to double down. It’s who he is, and the two kids are finally at a point where it can be justified.

And given those factors, I wasn’t sure they’d even be able to find a goalie who fit the bill.

Craig Anderson played well when he wasn’t overused, but let’s face it: he was basically retired when we brought him in.

Sad to say, but this is the most established outside goalie this team has acquired since…Neuvirth/Halak?

I mean Comrie, Tokarski, Hutton, Nilsson, Johnson…it’s been a real scrap heap of veteran pickups since Miller got traded.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Two way or one way is kinda meaningless to me as it is Pegula’s money. If Reimer gets waived and clears, his salary won’t count against the cap. That said, this is the first move that I would say has Ruff written on it for sure. Ruff doesn’t want to risk having to rely on Levi as a back-up for 25-30 games and certainly not to carry the mail if UPL flames out entirely or gets injured. I think this means, barring injury, that Levi starts in Rochester. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Taro T said:

You sure it's a 2 way deal?  Not showing that way on CF just yet.

Especially if it isn't, doubt he'd get claimed getting sent down.  Though it's obviously aa possibility.

I was going to say that he’s the kind of guy that could potentially be claimed in one of those moments where a team has multiple goalie injuries. Quite honestly, I hope he’s up in the NHL because UPL has followed through on his strong finish. That would mean we have our strong starter and Levi can carry a full workload for the full year in the AHL. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Archie Lee said:

Two way or one way is kinda meaningless to me as it is Pegula’s money. If Reimer gets waived and clears, his salary won’t count against the cap. That said, this is the first move that I would say has Ruff written on it for sure. Ruff doesn’t want to risk having to rely on Levi as a back-up for 25-30 games and certainly not to carry the mail if UPL flames out entirely or gets injured. I think this means, barring injury, that Levi starts in Rochester. 

It very well could.  At a minimum, it's somebody Levi has to actually beat out to be a Sabre.

And, if it does put Levi in Ra-cha-cha, it MIGHT mean UPL plays better.  

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1