It's Boycott Time

JoeSchmoe

I said this at the end of the season, but I'm never buying another Sabres ticket unless they're sitting in a playoff position. In the last two years, I think I paid for 5 games (got some seats given to me as well).

Being 23rd in scoring last year and ditching two of our best offensive players (Skinner and Mittelstadt) almost guarantees we don't score enough to make the playoffs next year.

Now it looks like we're icing two 4th lines next year, with no 3C in sight.

We easily have the pieces to trade for a top 6, but I'm guaranteeing ownership won't pay the extra salary. In that case, I'm not paying either.

Hopefully Adams gets additional pieces and makes this all for naught, but I'm 100% boycotting. Anyone else in?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • dislike 2

7 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I said this at the end of the season, but I'm never buying another Sabres ticket unless they're sitting in a playoff position. In the last two years, I think I paid for 5 games (got some seats given to me as well).

Being 23rd in scoring last year and ditching two of our best offensive players (Skinner and Mittelstadt) almost guarantees we don't score enough to make the playoffs next year.

We easily have the pieces to trade for a top 6, but I'm guaranteeing ownership won't pay the extra salary. In that case, I'm not paying either.

Hopefully Adams gets additional pieces and makes this all for naught, but I'm 100% boycotting. Anyone else in?

At the end of the 20–21 season the Sabres scored 2.4 goals per game. We got rid of Eichel and Reinhart and probably some others I have forgot and the same argument was made. Who’s gonna replace all these points? We proceeded to score 2.8 goals per game the next season.

• Like (+1) 8
  • dislike 1

9 minutes ago, SDS said:

At the end of the 20–21 season the Sabres scored 2.4 goals per game. We got rid of Eichel and Reinhart and probably some others I have forgot and the same argument was made. Who’s gonna replace all these points? We proceeded to score 2.8 goals per game the next season.

I think the big one is we got rid of Krueger.

Edited by JoeSchmoe
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I don't have much boycott power as I don't live in the area, but I won't be buying anything Sabres this year that's for sure.

I've been waiting (and expecting) the flip with the Bruins for years but it just never happens. Bruins made moves that will likely keep them in it for several more years. Sabres still look like a team on the outside. I am sad and frustrated right now about this team. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

22 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I like your optimism, but I don't see our two 4th lines, and the remaining top-6 getting us into the top half of the league from the current 23.

A healthy Tage and Quinn, along with a more productive PowerPlay, will close that gap considerably.

• Like (+1) 6
  • dislike 1

10 minutes ago, SDS said:

A healthy Tage and Quinn, along with a more productive PowerPlay, will close that gap considerably.

A healthy Quinn gets at least 20 more goals, maybe 26 more.

But wouldn't bank on more than 35 from Thompson which would only be 6 more from him.  Would be great if he got to 45 or so again, but unless they're really clicking on the PP personally am not counting on it.

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

But wouldn't bank on more than 35 from Thompson which would only be 6 more from him.  Would be great if he got to 45 or so again, but unless they're really clicking on the PP personally am not counting on it.

I was little surprised to see that Tage has averaged 40 per 82 over the past 3 years.

And wouldn't be surprised, should they stay healthy, that they're back up to 260 GF over the full year.  270 if the 3C can contribute more than Krebs is possible too.

Knocking even just 6 GA off over the full year and that's +20 - +30 goal differential.

Can't have a step back from either goalie, but that's not out of the question either.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Don’t forget to gameplan for the two players who WILL be injured, since those two are apparently safe, now 

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Maybe 40 is more likely that originally thought?  Still would only bank on 35.

I’d say so, ya. Cause it’s a per 82 stat 

how many games per 82 has Tage averaged the last 3 seasons 

(he’s averaged 7 game missed, per)

- - - 

(Not directed at you specifically) Is it really already “this year we’ll be healthy, though!” season? 

come on guys, free agency wasn’t THAT bad

Edited by Thorny

1 hour ago, SDS said:

Seriously? Do you have a guarantee? You need to have some skills and top leaders who can lead the team and make result. Tuch and Quinn don't have this skills. 

Sorry, but you can't do nothing and get playoffs. 

And we don't have top 1 goalie. Situation the same as last year but even worst.

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, SDS said:

And the year after that they scored 3.6 goals per game.

I understand last years Frustration, we did not get better. Half the people whining were the ones who wants Krebs, Okposo and Girg, Jost.

Lindy Ruff is the Fix for Last years Regression under Granto. Why they stopped their wide open game 1 point from playoffs is beyond me. We are Loaded in Rochester yet we kept playing Jost, Krebs, Girgs and Okposo while losing. 2nd half of the Season we should have had Amerks up yet we acted like we were in a Playoff Race. We never where. When Quinn went down, we were in trouble. When Tuch and Tage got injured, derailed the Season.

I like the Players added. Fill the Roster with potential 2-3 Amerks up to swap in with different teams played.

I don't see a need for Top 6 guy unless a Player that really wants to be here pops out like Iafallo or Foligno.

3rd Line Center is a Must for 1 year. Over pay if you have to. Go get a guy like Scott Laughton. Between him and Lafferty you might have good 3/4th Centers.

Bring up from Rochester a Center and a Winger to learn behind these guys. Move Krebs, he is not versatile!!

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SDS said:

Thank you SDS. I agree, we don't lack for players that can pot the puck.

I like what Kyven has done so far anyways. We got some needed grit. I don't understand all the fuss as many of us were frustrated we didn't have it. I think the team will be better.

My only real question is why the Skinner buyout now. I mean, honestly, I don't think Kyven is done, he freed up cap space. I was busy last night reviewing potential trade targets.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SDS said:

Stop. Ralph Krueger was an abomination and that almost entirely explains the offense in 2020.

7 hours ago, SDS said:

And the year after that they scored 3.6 goals per game.

The year after they had more talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Taro T said:

And wouldn't be surprised, should they stay healthy, that they're back up to 260 GF over the full year.  270 if the 3C can contribute more than Krebs is possible too.

Knocking even just 6 GA off over the full year and that's +20 - +30 goal differential.

Can't have a step back from either goalie, but that's not out of the question either.

And if anyone in that top 6 gets injured? There's no depth behind Tage, Tuch, Cozens, Quinn, Peterka, Benson. 

• Agree 4

7 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I see Look At Me Cry is still popular with many.

October is still weeks away. Still watching for progress. 

• Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

And if anyone in that top 6 gets injured? There's no depth behind Tage, Tuch, Cozens, Quinn, Peterka, Benson. 

Only anticipating 2 guys hitting/breaking 30.  Also, not particularly including any goals from fill ins in that total.  Not even anticipating 20 out of Benson.  A Ra-cha-cha callup can make up a reasonable portion of the lost production from MOST of them.

Provided Thompson, Quinn, & Dahlin aren't among the serious injuries, they should be fine in the goal scoring regard.

The PP won't be hot garbage.  That's worth a fair amount of goals too.

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Only anticipating 2 guys hitting/breaking 30.  Also, not particularly including any goals from fill ins in that total.  Not even anticipating 20 out of Benson.  A Ra-cha-cha callup can make up a reasonable portion of the lost production from MOST of them.

Provided Thompson, Quinn, & Dahlin aren't among the serious injuries, they should be fine in the goal scoring regard.

The PP won't be hot garbage.  That's worth a fair amount of goals too.

I think the pp will be key. They need Benson on pp2. I still think they are short a player.