Will Adams acquire a legit top 6 forward or 2/3 center before next season? Who do think is still available to acquire?

GASabresIUFAN

Will Adams Improve the Forwards before next season?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Will Adams add a top 6 forward before next season?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Will Adams add a 2/3 Center before next season?

• yes
    • no

1 hour ago, oddoublee said:

Yeah, I think we are in agreement. I would never send him down now. Just making an observation along the lines of the AHL would have been preferable 'last year's if it were an option. He's a future top 6...just not next year is my guess...top 9 on other teams even would be tough for him.

Absolutely, as good as he played in those first 9 games, I  think most teams would have sent him back to juniors.  Not being AHL eligible made is risky to keep him.   As it turns out the kid held his own.  Now they have to help him and keep the goons away.  

18 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

All these Winnipeg rumors have them moving Tuch. I can't believe this and if they do this idk, I might truly be done. 

I hope to god you aren’t repeating 3rd or 4th hand that AI-generated pap that was quoted elsewhere on the site?

Or, I guess more accurately I hope you are. 😁

29 minutes ago, dudacek said:

You sound like you’re selling me a limited-time offer on a time share.

My goal is not making the playoffs at all costs and if it was, I don’t believe Ehlers is my only path to get there.

Do you believe we should be acquiring Ehlers at all costs, or that Adams should pay whatever is asked without negotiation?

Desperation is a bad look and a bad strategy.

Frankly I don’t think anything you said here addresses anything I said 

- - - 

Desperation isn’t a “look” or a “strategy”. It’s our current actual state 

We *are* desperate. 

We *have* great need.

It’s operating and pretending as if we DON’T that presents the contradiction 

I am saying they should pay the price required to get Ehlers right now. Saying “at all costs” is just reductio ad absurdum. There’s a line we can hit here where they move the player to us and it’s not going to be 11 first round pick level assets 

If not him, pick someone else akin. Better be damn confident that other guy shakes lose, though. The result can’t just be “no one”

”who even was there” isn’t a viable defence 

- - - 

And record, sure, I’d sell this team’s prospect soul to make the playoffs. Yes, at all costs. I understand I care about making the playoffs more than you. I understand I care more about it than Kevyn Adams. That’s been indisputably obvious for a long time. I’ve always been very clear on this stance: my goal is the playoffs. I don’t give two sh*ts about “building a cup contender”. I’ve never bought that narrative, I never will, and it’s snake oil by definition 

Edited by Thorny
  • dislike 1

52 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Frankly I don’t think anything you said here addresses anything I said

- - - 

Desperation isn’t a “look” or a “strategy”. It’s our current actual state

We *are* desperate. 

We *have* great need.

It’s operating and pretending as if we DON’T that presents the contradiction 

I am saying they should pay the price required to get Ehlers right now. Saying “at all costs” is just reductio ad absurdum. There’s a line we can hit here where they move the player to us and it’s not going to be 11 first round pick level assets

If not him, pick someone else akin. Better be damn confident that other guy shakes lose, though. The result can’t just be “no one”

”who even was there” isn’t a viable defence 

Don't mistake my argument as saying Adams has to "win" or even "break even" value-wise on every deal.

My argument in the post you quoted was twofold:

• That I perceive Chevy's situation and "market value" adding up to "we haven't seen his final offer"
  • Adams needs to do his due diligence in maximizing any potential deal he is negotiating.

Its impossible to have a good discussion about whether or not Adams should just pay the current price when we don't know what the price is.

Edited by dudacek

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Don't mistake my argument as saying Adams has to "win" or even "break even" value-wise on every deal.

My argument in the post you quoted was twofold:

• That I perceive Chevy's situation and "market value" adding up to "we haven't seen his final offer"
  • Adams needs to do his due diligence in maximizing any potential deal he is negotiating.

Its impossible to have a good discussion about whether or not Adams should just pay the current price when we don't know what the price is.

Agree, but if the price is comparable to any similar asset and what they moved for in the past, im paying it 

It would have to be a historic ask for me to decline 

So I don’t see much argumentative standing there. Is Chevy asking for more assets than a player of Ehlers ilk has ever gotten? If not, I’m paying it 

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

Agree, but if the price is comparable to any similar asset and what they moved for in the past, im paying it 

So I don’t see much argumentative standing there. Is Chevy asking for more assets than a player of Ehlers ilk has ever gotten? If not, I’m paying it 

I think Dudacek point is that it is.  Atleast based on the info out there.  Much more than Sergachev went for (with term). 

1 minute ago, Derrico said:

I think Dudacek point is that it is.  Atleast based on the info out there.  Much more than Sergachev went for (with term). 

It also obviously changes the equation if we are giving up players off our current roster. Like, the ones we want. It’s the futures assets pool that im referring to when I say I’d pay the price, that should be made more clear 

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

Your Murray then, how did that GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 7/1/2024 at 8:55 PM, Weave said:

KA sounded to me like he had finished what he had arrived to do.  I think he’s done.

He made the trade of Middlestat. Do think he will trade but he isn't giving up on 2-3 Top Prospects he has groomed in Amerks

No way he trades Levi, Kulich or Savoie

Say he might trade UPL, doesn't like when players don't accept his contracts if that indeed is what is happening. Just look a Ulmark

On 7/1/2024 at 8:55 PM, Weave said:

KA sounded to me like he had finished what he had arrived to do.  I think he’s done.

He made the trade of Middlestat. Do think he will trade but he isn't giving up on 2-3 Top Prospects he has groomed in Amerks

No way he trades Levi, Kulich or Savoie

Say he might trade UPL, doesn't like when players don't accept his contracts if that indeed is what is happening. Just look a Ulmark

5 hours ago, dudacek said:

I hope to god you aren’t repeating 3rd or 4th hand that AI-generated pap that was quoted elsewhere on the site?

Or, I guess more accurately I hope you are. 😁

I think it's mostly Winnipeg fans wishing it's Tuch but idk. It's out there. I wouldn't be surprised if Buffalo and Winnipeg are talking. They need to move McGroarty. We have prospects. Maybe Adams thinks somebody might rather be in Buffalo than Winnipeg. Two teams that have trouble landing free agents so it's not shocking to think they are talking. It just better not be Tuch. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I think it's mostly Winnipeg fans wishing it's Tuch but idk. It's out there. I wouldn't be surprised if Buffalo and Winnipeg are talking. They need to move McGroarty. We have prospects. Maybe Adams thinks somebody might rather be in Buffalo than Winnipeg. Two teams that have trouble landing free agents so it's not shocking to think they are talking. It just better not be Tuch. 

Tuch to Winnipeg would gut him. Many fans would lose their minds. That would be cold for KA to do that to the player who wants to be in Buffalo more than any other on his team.

Chevy must see him as his new Wheeler.

The thing I don’t like about McGroarty is his demand for NHL ice time. He is the type of prospect who resembles a 3C. Savoie has a higher ceiling and that is probably who they want.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

Tuch to Winnipeg would gut him. Many fans would lose their minds. That would be cold for KA to do that to the player who wants to be in Buffalo more than any other on his team.

Chevy must see him as his new Wheeler.

The thing I don’t like about McGroarty is his demand for NHL ice time. He is the type of prospect who resembles a 3C. Savoie has a higher ceiling and that is probably who they want.

Savoie is a likely candidate. They might be familiar with him and think since he was in Moose Jaw he might not mind being in Winnipeg. 

McGroarty is exactly what you want in a 3C imo and as for the "demand" is that not pretty much the same as Levi? He is still raw and green though and not really what I want in our 3C next season. Down the road though yes. Different type of player to our prospect pool or at least most of it. 

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Savoie is a likely candidate. They might be familiar with him and think since he was in Moose Jaw he might not mind being in Winnipeg. 

McGroarty is exactly what you want in a 3C imo and as for the "demand" is that not pretty much the same as Levi? He is still raw and green though and not really what I want in our 3C next season. Down the road though yes. Different type of player to our prospect pool or at least most of it. 

Savoie played two seasons in Winnipeg, they would know him well.

• Agree 1

My belief is that there are still moves to be done. A top six forward, most likely winger and a 3C center. While they haven’t been able to consummate the big deal, the teams they are talking to haven’t made their moves either. Winnipeg, for instance, still wants to move Ehlers, the only questions are 1) price now compared to what they think they  can get at deadline, 2) if they are as good as they expect, do they really want to deal with it at deadline, 3) will he be a distraction 4) maybe, like last year, they come to terms on a contract and he signs for eight years. 
It’s all conjecture at this point. I thought they would finish the deal at the draft.

• Thanks (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, tom webster said:

My belief is that there are still moves to be done. A top six forward, most likely winger and a 3C center. While they haven’t been able to consummate the big deal, the teams they are talking to haven’t made their moves either. Winnipeg, for instance, still wants to move Ehlers, the only questions are 1) price now compared to what they think they  can get at deadline, 2) if they are as good as they expect, do they really want to deal with it at deadline, 3) will he be a distraction 4) maybe, like last year, they come to terms on a contract and he signs for eight years. 
It’s all conjecture at this point. I thought they would finish the deal at the draft.

For Tuch or for prospects?

2 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

For Tuch or for prospects?

If you're bringing in Ehlers but Tuch is going out in the process, you aren't really making any progress towards improving your top 6.  Now, if the other 1/2 of the player portion of the Eichel trade is what's going out the door as part of the package, you are improving the top 6.

Even with Iafello coming back in the package, don't see how they're improving enough when Tuch is removed from the roster to make it make sense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, tom webster said:

No help is coming outside Savoie beating someone out for a job.  

The mostly likely time Adams gets someone to come here is at the deadline, but he may not be the GM by that time if this team stumbles out of the gate.  

13 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Unfortunately Savoie doesn’t have as much trade value around the league as we would hope 

I’ve said for a couple years that he wasn’t considered a top prospect and that he wasn’t held in high regard within the Sabres organization let alone the league. That doesn’t mean he can’t prove everyone wrong but Buffalo is definitely not counting on him to be a difference maker.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2