Will Adams acquire a legit top 6 forward or 2/3 center before next season? Who do think is still available to acquire?

GASabresIUFAN

Will Adams Improve the Forwards before next season?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Will Adams add a top 6 forward before next season?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Will Adams add a 2/3 Center before next season?

• yes
    • no

8 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

They destroyed Luke without giving him enough of a reason to heel-face turn from being almost absurd levels of believing in the good of his dad to trying to kill his nephew. Plus I liked the EU's Luke getting to get married and have kids etc. Felt like he earned a happy ending and deserved to have a semblance of one. The real world is bleak and sad enough, making heroes have sad and melancholy lives "after the story" might be realistic but aren't in any way fun. Wrong thread though lol

You TLJ haters don’t even have a basic understanding of your own OG trilogy lol. Luke, literally 1.5 minutes after saying he “will not fight” his father, hacks off his arm in a mad rage, leading to his death, and *would have killed him in the moment* if Vader didn’t get his saber up. Luke has always been an emotional being who would consider doing anything necessary to protect the ones he loves 

- - - 

You may want your beloved childhood hero to have a happy go lucky ending but that’s not interesting thematic material. That’s not a movie. I’ll take the movie where he becomes the Legend and faces down the entire first order with a light saber, thanks

Edited by Thorny

8 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Rogue One is the last good Star Wars film IMPO. I don't have the hatred of TLJ as some do, but Luke in that does suck. I thought some of it was interesting but the overall plot is weak and it just felt like a rushed film. Again, don't hate it, it isn't whatever the F the final movie was bad. 

Agree on Rise of Skywalker being an abomination. Rogue one is not very good, it’s empty fan service.

We’ll have to disagree on TLJ

8 hours ago, dudacek said:

I think there is some heavy-duty stare downs happening where he is gone well down the road on a bigger deal or deals, but hasn’t been able to close them yet.

We know he wants to make a move and we hear he’s been trying hard to make a move.

None of the players that have moved have the profile of the type of reverse-Reinhart trade he wants to make.

He still has his bucket full of assets, using pick 11 doesn’t change that.

He’s a stubborn guy and his “we like our team” is an attempt to reinforce that to whoever he’s talking to.

Meanwhile, whoever he’s talking to knows the pressure he’s under and is trying to squeeze an extra pick or better player out of the deal.

Ya he has never traded for a top 6 forward aside from cashing in on Eichel I believe. He’s never bought a player, never completed a trade where we were getting the big name  

Until we see it, don’t expect it 

That’s a 5 offseason period 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Lindy was a huge addition IMHO.  To me they looked, pretty much all season, like a bunch of dumb kids goofing around because they had a substitute teacher.  That is officially over with.

I think there's a pretty good likelihood that even without a good 3C coming in, Lindy will have them playing hard every night and back to their 2022-23 offensive production -- if Quinn can stay healthy he'll make a big difference in that regard -- with greatly improved defense.  I think that will be enough to get them into the playoffs.

And if KA can close a deal for a good 3C before the season starts, I'm going to start making all kinds of outlandish predictions.

This of course is a very good question.  I think teams can be over the cap now until September (?), so maybe there will be some teams that need to move someone at some point.

22-23? 

Our second and 5th leading point scoring forwards aren’t here. That’s 141 points we need to replace on top of Thompson Tuch and Cozens reverting back to career years. 

Who’s replacing those points?

Peterka and Quinn had 70 points combined that year. Ok, so maybe we get lucky and Quinn stays healthy and puts up *70 points* on his own- a stellar year. Who’s gets the other 141? Peterka going for 70 as well? Ok, still need ANOTHER 70, and this is assuming Tage Tuch and Cozens ALL rebound 

Edited by Thorny

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

22-23? 

Our second and 5th leading point scorers aren’t here. That’s 141 points we need to replace on top of Thompson Tuch and Cozens reverting back to career years. 

Who’s replacing those points?

Peterka and Quinn had 70 points combined that year. Ok, so maybe we get lucky and Quinn stays healthy and puts up *70 points* on his own- a stellar year. Who’s gets the other 141? Peterka going for 70 as well? Ok, still need ANOTHER 70, and this is assuming Tage Tuch and Cozens ALL rebound 

Benson’s total goes up and Tarasanko/Zucker do the rest.  I have zero evidence that Tarasanko is coming here, but it would do the trick.  

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Agree on Rise of Skywalker being an abomination. Rogue one is not very good, it’s empty fan service.

We’ll have to disagree on TLJ

I'm sorry, no. Rogue One is a fantastic war movie dealing with sacrifice for the greater good. 

The forces awakens is fan service

Edited by LGR4GM

I think the big thing in your post is Tarasenko or whoever he’s the hypothetical placeholder for in this discussion, for what we do add. Look, we can look at the improved 4th line and coaching and argue we might be better overall, that’s fine. There isn’t a realistic argument sans more addition from the outside that our offense for 22-23 will come back 

we are short 33% of that top 6 and haven’t replaced it, and the ones we still have had career years 

4 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Benson’s total goes up and Tarasanko/Zucker do the rest.  I have zero evidence that Tarasanko is coming here, but it would do the trick.  

Sorry to quote again but liger’s jumped in between 

Edited by Thorny

Just now, Thorny said:

You TLJ haters don’t even have a basic understanding of your own OG trilogy lol. Luke, literally 1.5 minutes after saying he “will not fight” his father, hacks off his arm in a mad rage, leading to his death, and *would have killed him* if Vader didn’t get his saber up. Luke had always been an emotional being who would consider doing a anything necessary to protect the ones he loves 

- - - 

You may want your beloved childhood hero to have a happy go lucky ending but that’s not interesting thematic material. That’s not a movie. I’ll take the movie where he becomes the Legend and faces down the entire first order with a light saber, thanks

He has emotion certainly but that was egged on by the fear of his sister’s fate if he failed. 

Even if you can excuse lighting his Saber over Kylo, you can’t deny that him effectively exiling himself immediately after leaving his friends and sister to clean up is a tad absurd.

Also his battle would have been better had he actually been there for real; took out some of the armored AT-ATs and then literally used the force to stop their shots and then fought Kylo. 

Frankly if you wanted a depressed and miserable Luke they needed to truly bring more to the table. For starters though I would have let Han and Leia stay together and not have this depressing separation regardless of potential realism. Luke should have gotten married to Mara Jade, had 3 kids 2 boys and a girl. The girl (Rey) seemingly dies with Mara in a ship that was pursued by some bad guy group. Unbeknownst to Luke, his daughter was saved by Mara who got her into an escape pod which hit the surface of Jakku causing a brain injury that makes her forget most of her identity. Luke’s becomes distracted and somber after the loss of his wife and child which allows Kylo to become tempted by the Dark Side. While Luke is out  hunting for Mara and “Rey” the Knights of Ren recruit a somewhat hesitant Kylo who’s become twisted by his desire to know more about Vader. The Knights and Kylo end up having an epic showdown with Luke’s eldest son whom valiantly fights along with a few other young Jedi until he’s badly wounded and is killed by the head of the Knights although the plan had nothing to do with sacking the temple. Luke’s middle child is captured for experimentation and Kylo joins the Knights in part to get revenge on The Ren and to protect his younger cousin. Luke arrives back to find his eldest dead, his life’s work burning and signs that Kylo was behind it and thus finally breaking his heart leading him to seek out the ancient sacred texts. Kylo eventually kills the Ren and takes up the mantle but continues to struggle between his desire for power and to protect his cousin.

Then you could pretty much run TFA in a very similar manner but now Rey has a legitimate background explaining her love of engineering and uncanny knowledge of the Falcon through Anakin and being in it in the past respectively. Kylo discovers her and has this sneaking suspicion that Rey is his supposed late cousin and thus wants to keep her away from the Emperor who hasn’t exactly been happy since his other cousin escaped. (Thx to Kylo unbeknownst to Palpatine) 

Also Rogue One was awesome, being a war film lover it was akin to Star Wars war film.

Rant over lol

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'm sorry, no. Rogue One is a fantastic war movie dealing with sacrifice for the greater good. 

The forces awakens is fan service

You can literally tell they came up with the “zomg look at (drastically overpowered) Vader go! So cool! So lightsaber!” hallway scene first and structured the script around it 

rogue one isn’t terrible at all, it’s decent, but it’s a big reason for the decline of SW. it was the diverging point where fans realized if they complained enough, they’d go back to pointlessly rehashing stories that had already been told, further watering down characters that had well played out, to a greater effect sans added fan service, tacking on “mOrE cOnTenT” material 

Edited by Thorny
  • Disagree 1

49 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

He has emotion certainly but that was egged on by the fear of his sister’s fate if he failed. 

Even if you can excuse lighting his Saber over Kylo, you can’t deny that him effectively exiling himself immediately after leaving his friends and sister to clean up is a tad absurd.

Also his battle would have been better had he actually been there for real; took out some of the armored AT-ATs and then literally used the force to stop their shots and then fought Kylo. 

Frankly if you wanted a depressed and miserable Luke they needed to truly bring more to the table. For starters though I would have let Han and Leia stay together and not have this depressing separation regardless of potential realism. Luke should have gotten married to Mara Jade, had 3 kids 2 boys and a girl. The girl (Rey) seemingly dies with Mara in a ship that was pursued by some bad guy group. Unbeknownst to Luke, his daughter was saved by Mara who got her into an escape pod which hit the surface of Jakku causing a brain injury that makes her forget most of her identity. Luke’s becomes distracted and somber after the loss of his wife and child which allows Kylo to become tempted by the Dark Side. While Luke is out  hunting for Mara and “Rey” the Knights of Ren recruit a somewhat hesitant Kylo who’s become twisted by his desire to know more about Vader. The Knights and Kylo end up having an epic showdown with Luke’s eldest son whom valiantly fights along with a few other young Jedi until he’s badly wounded and is killed by the head of the Knights although the plan had nothing to do with sacking the temple. Luke’s middle child is captured for experimentation and Kylo joins the Knights in part to get revenge on The Ren and to protect his younger cousin. Luke arrives back to find his eldest dead, his life’s work burning and signs that Kylo was behind it and thus finally breaking his heart leading him to seek out the ancient sacred texts. Kylo eventually kills the Ren and takes up the mantle but continues to struggle between his desire for power and to protect his cousin.

Then you could pretty much run TFA in a very similar manner but now Rey has a legitimate background explaining her love of engineering and uncanny knowledge of the Falcon through Anakin and being in it in the past respectively. Kylo discovers her and has this sneaking suspicion that Rey is his supposed late cousin and thus wants to keep her away from the Emperor who hasn’t exactly been happy since his other cousin escaped. (Thx to Kylo unbeknownst to Palpatine) 

Also Rogue One was awesome, being a war film lover it was akin to Star Wars war film.

Rant over lol

We don’t watch movies the same way 

It would have been better if Luke showed up and acted like an invincible overpowered MCU superhero? lol dude. Say you didn’t understand the movie without saying you didn’t understand the movie

The *entire point* was that Rey was right, Luke was wrong, and the galaxy DID need a legend. “What do you want me to do, stare down the entire first order with a lightsaber?!” But that’s exactly what Luke does. But not physically:

People wanted the Luke from the OT back: we got it. His force projection to Crait *literally only succeeded as a distraction* because of the sum total of the accomplishment, belief, heroics and INSPIRATION Luke had built up over the course of the saga. They literally fire a million high powered rounds of explosive force at his feet, Luke “walks out” from the smoke and brushes his shoulder off, and Kylo and the first order *still believed he was actually there*. Do you understand what kind of opinion they had to have of Luke to believe he could withstand that?? “MOREEEEEEEE!” - Kylo

The galaxy needed a Legend and got it 

it wasn’t just the Spark he provided for the resistance: the belief in his legend undid the first order 

people that whined and cried for the old Luke and it was staring them right in the face. Look at Kylo. Look at the fear.

Luke winks at C-3PO because he knows he’s already won 

- - -

and yes, worry for his sister made him snap in Jedi. That’s my point. His fear for EVERYONE made him snap, momentarily, in TLJ

Edited by Thorny

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Are you new here?

That's a given.

Oh, you were talking Sabres?

Nevwrmind. 

😉

Sabres / Sabers

Levi is here now. It’s all one and the same 

11 minutes ago, Weave said:

There has to be a club for this *****, no?

Just read my post about the Luke being a legend in TLJ please. Ok? Thanks 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Sometimes......hell, most times, this place is my second home.

Sabertooth puck bless you all for being you......I love it.

And @K-9. You and your family are more than welcome to come down the street to enjoy the party and fireworks display, just ask for the host and introduce yourself as K-9, from Sabrespace, I'll know immediately 😀

I have the 6 inch mortar shells this year 👍. Food, booze, it's all here.

Our team is still made of scraps. I don't see us making a wildcard. 

Reason:

- TT, Cozens, and JJP have to have career years (again) if we're to have any chance

- Quinn has yet to have a healthy season.

- Adams has already stated he's banking on those guys performing on top level. There's no leeway or depth when the lull kicks in.

- Our defense (Mule, Bryson, Clifton, Joker) is bottom tier.

- UPL will get fed up with carrying the entire team, and still losing, at some point.