Will Adams acquire a legit top 6 forward or 2/3 center before next season? Who do think is still available to acquire?

GASabresIUFAN

Will Adams Improve the Forwards before next season?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Will Adams add a top 6 forward before next season?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Will Adams add a 2/3 Center before next season?

• yes
    • no

7 hours ago, Thorny said:

His character (and demise) was exceptional in TLJ. All time iconic SW scene. Somehow captured that hair-on-the-back-of-your-neck-standing up thrill of ESB for a new audience, with the shot of Rey grabbing the Saber. 9 was what derailed it all.

But the reference in regard to the post was clear. Pegula / Emperor 

Hopefully your just being contrarian because TLJ was the worst Star Wars movie I have ever seen in terms of sheer lore destroying and a strange desire to endlessly subvert fan desires 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Hopefully your just being contrarian because TLJ was the worst Star Wars movie I have ever seen in terms of sheer lore destroying and a strange desire to endlessly subvert fan desires 

Nah dude people that like something different than you aren’t just being “contrarians” to your objectively correct opinion.

The Last Jedi was praised by critics, it’s not like I’m on an island. And I don’t just love it because it’s a “great movie but a bad Star Wars film”. I love Star Wars and it presented an incredible (and actually interesting) arc for Luke.

dont worry, fans hated Empire upon release, too  

Anyways, wrong thread lol 

4 hours ago, Thorny said:

Nah dude people that like something different than you aren’t just being “contrarians” to your objectively correct opinion.

The Last Jedi was praised by critics, it’s not like I’m on an island. And I don’t just love it because it’s a “great movie but a bad Star Wars film”. I love Star Wars and it presented an incredible (and actually interesting) arc for Luke.

They destroyed Luke without giving him enough of a reason to heel-face turn from being almost absurd levels of believing in the good of his dad to trying to kill his nephew. Plus I liked the EU's Luke getting to get married and have kids etc. Felt like he earned a happy ending and deserved to have a semblance of one. The real world is bleak and sad enough, making heroes have sad and melancholy lives "after the story" might be realistic but aren't in any way fun. Wrong thread though lol

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Thorny said:

Rogue One is the last good Star Wars film IMPO. I don't have the hatred of TLJ as some do, but Luke in that does suck. I thought some of it was interesting but the overall plot is weak and it just felt like a rushed film. Again, don't hate it, it isn't whatever the F the final movie was bad. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Unfortunately I had the same impression of KA's answers.  I hope I'm wrong.

I think there is some heavy-duty stare downs happening where he is gone well down the road on a bigger deal or deals, but hasn’t been able to close them yet.

We know he wants to make a move and we hear he’s been trying hard to make a move.

None of the players that have moved have the profile of the type of reverse-Reinhart trade he wants to make.

He still has his bucket full of assets, using pick 11 doesn’t change that.

He’s a stubborn guy and his “we like our team” is an attempt to reinforce that to whoever he’s talking to.

Meanwhile, whoever he’s talking to knows the pressure he’s under and is trying to squeeze an extra pick or better player out of the deal.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Teams have cap issues and will need to move talent.  It's up to KA to step up. 

If it happens--emphasis on 'if'--I think you're right that it will be a cap-related trade. I see Adams pursuing a trade for an RFA on a cap crunch team or an RFA who is openly unhappy (e.g. Shane Pinto). Partly because Adams pursues younger players, but mostly because they're not going to have trade protections.

19 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I think there is some heavy-duty stare downs happening where he is gone well down the road on a bigger deal or deals, but hasn’t been able to close them yet.

We know he wants to make a move and we hear he’s been trying hard to make a move.

None of the players that have moved have the profile of the type of reverse-Reinhart trade he wants to make.

He’s a stubborn guy and his “we like our team” is an attempt to reinforce that to whoever he’s talking to.

Meanwhile, whoever he’s talking to knows the pressure he’s under and is trying to squeeze an extra pick or better player out of the deal.

This is very plausible.  Holy mackerel I hope you're right. 

12 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

This is very plausible.  Holy mackerel I hope you're right. 

Thing is, he still gotta close.

Until then, he's the GM of an 84-point team whose biggest adds were a backup goalie, a veteran middle-six winger and a new 4th line.

Those are the moves of a GM tweaking a contender.

Trying is not good enough.

Especially when you cut a 30-goal scorer for no tangible benefit other than saving money.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

31 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I think this is accurate. I don’t see a team out there that needs to move the kind of player we are talking about, though. 

53 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It has been almost 1000 days since he added a top 6 forward to this team via trade or free agency. I'll give him this summer, that's it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Truthfully this shouldn't be that hard to get a deal done using prospects and picks.  So many teams haven't had a major infusion of young talent in years and years.  I find it hard to believe that Adams can't find a partner who needs young talent and is willing to move a middle six forward to get it.

Heck Utah seems to be able to get deals done.

Utah acquired Sergachev for Connor Geekie (11th overall in 2022), JJ Moser (60th overall in 2021), a 2nd in 2025 & a 4th in 2024.  They also acquired Marino with a 5th in 2024 for 2nd in 2024 and a 2nd in 2025.  Calgary traded Mangiapane for a 2nd (Adams acquired Beck for a 2nd).

We have so many prospects, Adams needs to thin the herd a little. 

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Agree 3

20 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Thing is, he still gotta close.

Until then, he's the GM of an 84-point team whose biggest adds were a backup goalie, a veteran middle-six winger and a new 4th line.

Those are the moves of a GM tweaking a contender.

Trying is not good enough.

Especially when you cut a 30-goal scorer for no tangible benefit other than saving money.

Lindy was a huge addition IMHO.  To me they looked, pretty much all season, like a bunch of dumb kids goofing around because they had a substitute teacher.  That is officially over with.

I think there's a pretty good likelihood that even without a good 3C coming in, Lindy will have them playing hard every night and back to their 2022-23 offensive production -- if Quinn can stay healthy he'll make a big difference in that regard -- with greatly improved defense.  I think that will be enough to get them into the playoffs.

And if KA can close a deal for a good 3C before the season starts, I'm going to start making all kinds of outlandish predictions.

9 minutes ago, Archie Lee said:

I think this is accurate. I don’t see a team out there that needs to move the kind of player we are talking about, though. 

This of course is a very good question.  I think teams can be over the cap now until September (?), so maybe there will be some teams that need to move someone at some point.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

Lindy will have them playing hard every night and back to their 2022-23 offensive production

Granato got them to play hard for 2 1/2 years and then the wheels came off.  I'm not saying Lindy won't have a short-term positive effect, but his shelf life will be limited as well without a proper roster to coach.  KA has yet to give any of the coaches a proper roster to coach.  

One of the big issues last season was that the defenses didn't have to respect our scoring depth and KA's moves hasn't changed that but for the worse.  They could focus their D on stopping TNT and Cozens and it helped shutdown the Sabres. 

The new bottom six had a total of 53 goals last season.  Mitts and Skinner had 42 last season.  Without an upgrade on Krebs, I'm afraid we won't be able to execute Lindy's vision of rolling 4 effective lines.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Granato got them to play hard for 2 1/2 years and then the wheels came off.  I'm not saying Lindy won't have a short-term positive effect, but his shelf life will be limited as well without a proper roster to coach.  KA has yet to give any of the coaches a proper roster to coach.  

One of the big issues last season was that the defenses didn't have to respect our scoring depth and KA's moves hasn't changed that but for the worse.  They could focus their D on stopping TNT and Cozens and it helped shutdown the Sabres. 

The new bottom six had a total of 53 goals last season.  Mitts and Skinner had 42 last season.  Without an upgrade on Krebs, I'm afraid we won't be able to execute Lindy's vision of rolling 4 effective lines.

No he didn't. They've had small win streaks but I cannot remember a Sabres team that played hard all season. I think it would go back to before Pegula bought them. Back with Briere and Drury. Those teams "played hard". 

First, I think fans from every team in the east except from Devils feel a bit disappointed with the offseason this far. To me it seems like a status quo in roster strenght in Atlantis division. With current rosters it might be a huge thing IF for example Jack Quinn is healthy and has even taken a step forward from last season. 

When hiring Lindy Ruff as coach I think Ruff had a couple of positions on the roster he wanted improved in a certain way. But I also think that Adams had a couple of items that Ruff had to accept to get the job. I am ofcourse just gessing, but having a prospect pool filled with potential 3C:s then one of them becoming a 3C might be one. And what we see now can be a compromise.

If he still is in on getting a middle six center by trade I think names like Pageau, Iafallo and Roy or Howden from Vegas are easiest to get. I think Lundell also might be a possibility but gessing Panthers might want att least Byram and Krebs/Savoie.

I would love to see the media members ask Adams directly about

1) What is his plan at center if Krebs again proves unequal to the task or you have injuries to Cozens or TNT?

2) Why buy out Skinner if you weren't going to use the cap space?

3) Why didn't Lindy bring in any of his own assistants?