Will Adams acquire a legit top 6 forward or 2/3 center before next season? Who do think is still available to acquire?

GASabresIUFAN

Will Adams Improve the Forwards before next season?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Will Adams add a top 6 forward before next season?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Will Adams add a 2/3 Center before next season?

• yes
    • no

A couple of acquisition ideas from another thread

Henrique is still un-signed

JG Pageau maybe on the trading block from the NYI.  He does have a limited NTC.

Roslovic is still available.  He might be the best target at this point.

15 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

The poll should be public so I know who to shame for voting no to both.

7-1 so far!  You will have much shaming to do if I made the poll public.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, B-U-F-F-A-L-O said:

KA’s press conference was laughable if not delusional…

yes, we badly needed the tougher players. But we also badly needed tougher and better players…

We’re two short by my count and the poll above…. #2LW and 3C…. We need GOOD players here.

More than half the people on here wanted Okposo and Girg back last year. Many of us told you they needed a Trade for Top 4 Defense and a Winger, maybe even a Goalie.

We were Right the Bottom 6 was not correct. Goaltending shook itself out and we got Bo Byram later.

We lost Quinn to which worsened what happen last year

So Adams went out this year and took care of Bottom 6 quickly, looks good on Paper

Only thing we need no is Skinner replacement. This doesn't have to happen quickly. Could be before Camp, could be during Camp. Maybe a Prospect like Savoie, Benson, Rosen steps up for the Spot.

Good Trade is better than a Fast one for your Fantasy League or Psyche.

That said, I would like Sam Bennett,  Iaefello or Nick Foligno

• Like (+1) 2

My last bit of hope is that there have been rumors to Adams trying to deal for both Martin Necas (CAR), Nikolaj Ehlers (WPG) and where there's smoke there is usually fire or at least 1 can hope, if this doesn't transpire in like a week or so the doubt will certainly creep in that this is the lineup we're going with. Either 1 of those players instanly is an upgrade imo to Jeff Skinner and would really mesh well with what we've done to day (I liked the 4th line upgrades+Zucker).

I have a gut feeling that they'll play Jason Zucker at 3rd line C for us, he played some at Pittsburgh and throughout his career although i saw Zucker was on the 2nd line LW with Logan Cooley and Kerfoote at RW so I'm hoping they didn't replace Skinner with Zucker. When the media asked if Peyton Krebs would just fill in that role although Adams gave Krebs the Girgensons speech basically on how good of a player he was he never sounded like he wanted him to fill that role so I just have a sneaky suspiscion that Zucker is going to fill that role.

I voted yes we'll add a Skinner replacement and no to the 3rd line C.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

The worst bad guy in Star Wars history?  

His character (and demise) was exceptional in TLJ. All time iconic SW scene. Somehow captured that hair-on-the-back-of-your-neck-standing up thrill of ESB for a new audience, with the shot of Rey grabbing the Saber. 9 was what derailed it all.

But the reference in regard to the post was clear. Pegula / Emperor 

Listening to Baker and Fairburn's show and Baker thinks KA isn't done.  Thinks they should go get Zegras.  Fairburn thinks there is a deal to be made with Calgary who needs a youth injection.  Maybe Coleman, maybe Kadri. I'm wondering if Backlund is available.  His experience would be very valuable and he is still effective.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I'm a little surprised that the board thinks it's more likely that Adams acquires a top 6 forward vs a center.  

When I look at the roster, it looks to me like the only "available" forward job is the 3C.  

We have ample wingers in Tuch, JJP, Quinn, Benson, Zucker and Greenway, but all we really have at center is Cozens and TNT.  

51 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I'm a little surprised that the board thinks it's more likely that Adams acquires a top 6 forward vs a center.  

When I look at the roster, it looks to me like the only "available" forward job is the 3C.  

We have ample wingers in Tuch, JJP, Quinn, Benson, Zucker and Greenway, but all we really have at center is Cozens and TNT.  

Could be the way you structured the voting options 

Edited by Thorny