Zemgus to Tampa 3 years, 850k AAV

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Zemgus to Tampa 3 years, 850k AAV
6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Just how bad was the offer Adams made him that he chose $850k x 3?

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Girgs doing his best to match Skinner.

And I just posted in another thread about the minor league call-up Tampa needed for their 12th forward. 😂

But hey, maybe this is the final break from the tank era this team needed.

He's my guess of the next former Sabre to win a SC.  (And was prior to the signing.)

• Like (+1) 1

In an alternate universe where Z had *not been a Sabre for his whole career and tainted by the drought - I could see him being a "solid" 4th liner pick up and many members of this board being meh to OK with it. He has decent numbers (not befitting of a 1st rounder, but aside from that) and I doubt his work ethic on or off the ice has ever been questioned. I real "lunch pail" "blue collar" kinda guy ... I do truly wish him the best.

Edited by ska-T Chitown
to make some semblance of sense...
  • Like (+1) 1

He was a good soldier.  

Spending his entire career in what must have seemed like the 6th Army in the winter of 1942 / 43.

He always gave his all and deserved better.  Too bad he could not have ended up in Florida with KO.

Speaking of which, any news from KO on what his plans are? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

27 minutes ago, Rasmus_ said:

Glad to see him go and get a chance elsewhere.  He was a class act and a selfless warrior.  Never lived up to the ability of a first round talent, but he always put in his best foot forward, no matter what!  Good luck Z, you'll always be a Sabre to me. 

He was a 14 overall that spent a good chunk of his career as a middle 6 player.  I’d say he lived up to his selection.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1