Jeff Skinner is signing with Edmonton

Brawndo

8 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Expect your 1st contention is almost positively a given.  The latter not so much.  Because ...

This.

Definitely disagree. Mucks it up, draws calls. Scores goals? I mean, he scores dirty goals in close.

His D stinks but that can be masked 

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

You’ve been around for a while, you know how the Sabreverse works.

And Hall and Eichel played 19 games together 

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Jeff Jackson, acting GM of the Oilers described Skinner as an addition to their Top Six. 

He is slated to be a Top Six Winger on the Stanley Cup Runner Up, but not on the team with the longest playoff drought in NHL history. 

Something doesn’t quite add up 

We'll see how long that lasts or if Kane takes that over.

Edmonton got quite the deal. Paying $3m for potentially 30-40 goals? They could even move him at the trade deadline if they so chose couldnt they? 

Well Skins will be very motivated #1, but also it's gotta be like a huge load off his shoulders & a breath of fresh air, just being away from here. I'm sure we'll hear how he regained his love for the game & how he's just back to having fun out there. I imagine he'll do good & outplay that contract by far.

Sure Skin's is a defensive liability. But Edmonton is a more well rounded team that should be able to cover for it. They didn't sign him to play defense.

So far the odds are that he's next to win the Cup

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Jeff Jackson, acting GM of the Oilers described Skinner as an addition to their Top Six. 

He is slated to be a Top Six Winger on the Stanley Cup Runner Up, but not on the team with the longest playoff drought in NHL history. 

Something doesn’t quite add up 

It’s what happens when you don’t have the main pieces in place and players have to play above where they should.

• Agree 2

I believe they were talking with DeBrusk but couldn't come close to what Vancouver offered him so they went this way instead. 

As previously stated, he'd be the odds on favorite to end his playoff draught now and maybe even be that ex-Sabre with the cup but wouldn't it be something if now Edmonton missed the playoffs? 

Maybe they ditch Evander Kane now. 

Just now, The Jokeman said:

Yeah but I mean not all is negative in Sabreverse I mean Evander Kane kinda fizzled after leaving. I need to be somewhat positive to call myself a Sabres fan but tbh gets tougher and tougher as this drought continues. 

He’s had injury and off-ice issues but his production has been solid since leaving here. 

16 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What are the Sabres trying to build?

Your guess is as good as mine. 

1 minute ago, #freejame said:

He’s had injury and off-ice issues but his production has been solid since leaving here. 

Solid yes but not gone on to win a Cup yet unlike Lehner, Eichel, Sam and Lehner etc. 

Edited by The Jokeman

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

What are the Sabres trying to build?

Not sure. Whatever it is, it’s not predicated on having 2 of the best 5 centres in the world.

4 hours ago, Berg said:

Skinner was in our 1st line. In Edmonton he will be in third...

Adams can tell many things but Buffalo is weak as never before. 

We don't have first line forwards at all.

GRb94coXYAA8qCD.jpeg

Man. It can be easy to forget how good his offensive 5v5 numbers are.

Welp. (Here we go!)

12 hours ago, In The Buff said:

Edmonton got quite the deal. Paying $3m for potentially 30-40 goals? They could even move him at the trade deadline if they so chose couldnt they? 

Well Skins will be very motivated #1, but also it's gotta be like a huge load off his shoulders & a breath of fresh air, just being away from here. I'm sure we'll hear how he regained his love for the game & how he's just back to having fun out there. I imagine he'll do good & outplay that contract by far.

Sure Skin's is a defensive liability. But Edmonton is a more well rounded team that should be able to cover for it. They didn't sign him to play defense.

So far the odds are that he's next to win the Cup

Skinner is a major defensive liability on a team that has approximately zero forwards with a 200 foot game. 

He’s easily top 6F on a real hockey team.