Kevyn Adams: likes where his group's at

LGR4GM

Oh boy those comments all point to an inflated sense of self-worth. It's only 5 hours in to free agency, but there better be another significant move on the horizon. There has to be right? Please say there has to be. Pretty please.

I Want More GIF

Edited by Stads
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

It would be nice, of course, but the top six we have now, a little older, a step closer to their prime, and undeniably talented, could get the job done, imo 

Maybe, but if even one of them gets injured (like Quinn did last year), the Sabres are screwed.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

It would be nice, of course, but the top six we have now, a little older, a step closer to their prime, and undeniably talented, could get the job done, imo 

It needs a skill guy that plays heavy - hard to play against and I legit think that’s all we need - to make the playoffs.  

A serious cup team needs that 3rd line to have much more skill but we do have this stocked pipeline.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Second Line Center said:

It needs a skill guy that plays heavy - hard to play against and I legit think that’s all we need - to make the playoffs.  

A serious cup team needs that 3rd line to have much more skill but we do have this stocked pipeline.

Yea but Helenius needs a year or two. So does Wahlberg. 

2 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

I don't see us as a serious cup team next year, but point taken 

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

If they don’t make any moves, we should organize group pickets and signs telling Terry to stop being Scrooge and Adams to make this team a playoff team or resign 

People might not believe it, but at some point the league will step in. Buffalo is already at the disadvantage of being a small market team. We know Buffalo is not in a place to be a financial positive for the league (just look at ticket sales). The playoff drought just paints a target on the franchise.

Owners agree to field competitive teams as part of team ownership. However improbable it may seem that the league would step in, I remind you the NHL just forcibly relocated the Arizona Coyotes to Utah at least in part because the Coyotes were embarrassing the NHL. If Buffalo goes a few more years missing the playoffs, all while continuing to spend below league average on team salary, you might see a similar situation where the league leans on Pegula to sell under the guise of Pegula not fielding a competitive team and, therefore, damaging the NHL product as a whole.

It's not an unrealistic scenario.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Can't believe some do not get this. 

Trade a current high paid D-man not named Dahlin for a sniper. 

I can’t believe this organization thinks trading one of the most well liked goal scorers off of a young team and then not replace his production sends a good message through the organization. 

Seriously. Imagine how ***** dejecting it would be to lose not only one of your team’s top goalscorers, but also one of the guys you really like on the team. I bet when guys on the rosters saw the buyout they got excited because no way would they get rid of Jeff without replacing him. 

I can promise you every single Sabres player understands Skinners flaws. I would also bet dollars to donuts they’d rather have him than nothing. 

• Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Peabody said:

Thought for sure they’d use the Skinner money on a center.  Surely he can’t think we’re set there?  

Have been convinced ever since the 'we're looking at all options' press conference that this move was about getting Skinner off the roster primarily and then hoping they could use the cap space secondarily.

Would Skinner have been a net negative this year?  Don't know, but am convinced that is what Ruff believes.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I can’t believe this organization thinks trading one of the most well liked goal scorers off of a young team and then not replace his production sends a good message through the organization. 

Seriously. Imagine how ***** dejecting it would be to lose not only one of your team’s top goalscorers, but also one of the guys you really like on the team. I bet when guys on the rosters saw the buyout they got excited because no way would they get rid of Jeff without replacing him. 

I can promise you every single Sabres player understands Skinners flaws. I would also bet dollars to donuts they’d rather have him than nothing. 

And am convinced that Lindy Ruff doesn't agree.  And also expect that these players would rather win then have their little club disrupted.  If THAT'S not the case, we as fans are truly screwed. 

Now, is Lindy right that the well liked but defensively & coloring w/in the linesly challenged Skinner a net detriment, no data.  But it's quite clear that's his belief.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1