Kevyn Adams: likes where his group's at

LGR4GM

"I'm still actively looking for trades, but the rest of the league realizes I'm desperate and are trying to take advantage of the situation, so I'm going to sit here and casually suggest that I might still consider adding to the Top 6 so those teams know I'm interested, but at the same time pretend that I'm fine with what I have even as I'm having a panic attack."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

He just breathes contempt.  If you want to be successful, being patient is fine.  However, knowing when to get off the pot to shake up the room is a big part to the next evolution of this team.  If he's not worried about spending to the cap, or at least being inflexible to  help right the ship, it just screams "I don't care what the fans want."

To me and a lot, enough is enough.  I want to see the Sabres in May hockey.  Even if we're the 8th seed against say Boston and we're completely outmatched.  At least it ends this cycle of moroseness. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Thorny said:

See, now this, this here is asinine 

This actively dampers my enthusiasm 

Like seriously dude 

They still could of fit all of this under the cap and not bought out skinner right?  Would of thought something bigger was coming and surprised it hasn’t happened yet.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

We should consider the possibility Kevyn Adams is a fairly poor first time GM, maybe, a reasonable hockey mind, assuredly (see, the draft)….and also kind of just a weird dude :

what are you talking about buddy? 

you move on right away? *Right* away? Why? Aren’t you supposed to be a recruiter? Isn’t that your JOB?

Surely an “im not sure” leaves the door open to at least negotiate 

is that why Ullmark and all these trades by his OWN admission, are falling through? Is he a meme in terms of how he follows a blueprint? 

I’ve questioned his flexibility but this is absurd 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Buying out Skinner now looks stupid. They did nothing with that space. 

I agree in principle.  I assume he has iron in the fire somewhere, he cannot make that move without doing something.  I'm assuming we might finally see him bring in a piece more noticeable than a 7th defensemen or 4th liner.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Was fine with the buyout if they needed the space this year but wtf are we kicking that cap consuming contract down the road for if they’re not using the savings in 24-25?  We already had more than enough room for what’s been done.  Obviously offseason isn’t over but would have thought they were confident in some sort of plan to initiate the buyout this summer vs next. 

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

IF Ruff didn't decide that simply having Skinner gone is addition via subtraction, then yes.

But the Skinner move screams 'we don't need the well liked by the young guys version of Miro Satan on this roster.'

Don't necessarily agree w/ it; but am OK w/ it.