Rochester Americans 2024-25 Season

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Jeremy Davies signs with Ottawa and Cecconi signs with Minnesota 

W/ the other guys brought in, not seeing much difference so far in Ra-cha-cha.  Seems they're looking for guys that fit better into what Ruff does than Granato does which makes sense.  But don't know much about the guys they're bringing in as Amerks.

Their roster looks pretty full now.

I mean, there are a literally 9 legitimate prospect forwards under contract that I’d expect to be in Rochester next year and they’re talking like Helenius might join them.

They added Murray and Dunne yesterday, Slaggert, Warren and Jobst today. I’m not sure the status of Mersch, but that’s 14-16 up front, plus Rousek if he doesn’t stick with the Sabres.

add Prow and Laaouan to Johnson, Komorov and Novikov, plus likely one or 2 of Clague, Bryson, Gilbert and the D is close too.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Their roster looks pretty full now.

I mean, there are a literally 9 legitimate prospect forwards under contract that I’d expect to be in Rochester next year and they’re talking like Helenius might join them.

They added Murray and Dunne yesterday, Slaggert, Warren and Jobst today. I’m not sure the status of Mersch, but that’s 14-16 up front, plus Rousek if he doesn’t stick with the Sabres.

add Prow and Laaouan to Johnson, Komorov and Novikov, plus likely one or 2 of Clague, Bryson, Gilbert and the D is close too.

Metsa is a big piece on the backend there.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I don’t follow the Amerks closely.  Are some of the vets being signed capable of dropping the gloves if liberties are being taken with the younglings?

I’m not sure of the new folks being brought in, but the guys being brought back aren’t built that way in the traditional sense. ROC got bounced out of the playoffs by a stronger and more mature Syracuse team (all one goal games until the goalie was pulled late in the last one).

But, they won four playoff series the two previous years combined before that (including beating that same Cuse team the year before). They have had a strong team vibe in that they stuck up for each other. But no police or enforcers.  

• Thanks (+1) 1