Sabres Sign Defensemen Dennis Gilbert and Jacob Bryson

Brawndo

50 minutes ago, SDS said:

I would say your competence figure of merit is skewed. And that’s without knowing the exact constraints that are put upon him by ownership. And I think it’s pretty well-known we’ve been operating under an internal cap for the last several years. If he were truly incompetent… truly incompetent by the definition of the word, we would be DFL year after year.

Alright. Well he’s averaged 76 points per season as GM. Everyone can place their own definition on it 

28 minutes ago, inkman said:

What’s his role this season?  Could he push for D6?  Top eight for sure unless Novikov surprises at camp.  

Adams said he expects him on the NHL roster. 🤷

I see him as splitting time with Bryson as the 7, but there’s no way anyone cracks the current top 6 without a trade.

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

Adams said he expects him on the NHL roster. 🤷

I see him as splitting time with Bryson as the 7, but there’s no way anyone cracks the current top 6 without a trade.

Was Boughner ever a 6/7 dman?

I guess I get it now. Gilbert will be available for when the team needs a more pugilistic vibe.

This roster reconstruction is starting to feel a bit ham fisted.

17 hours ago, inkman said:

What’s his role this season?  Could he push for D6?  Top eight for sure unless Novikov surprises at camp.  

He brings a physical element that is largely missing from our D lineup so I think he will get every opportunity to crack the top 6. Clifton was supposed to be that, but not so much.  

46 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Having read about him a bit more, I think Gilbert is the fighter that Lindy was talking about. I also think that if Joki is traded, Gilbert might dress for more games than we are currently expecting.

Agree and he's definitely presenting himself that way in his own words.  

8 hours ago, dudacek said:

I had no idea.

33 career fights. 19 for Aube-Kubel, 12 for Lafferty, 13 for Malenstyn, according to hockeyfights.com

I had no idea either.

And its not that I am looking to ice a goon, but a guy that can stand up to the toughest guys in the league and be respected is well overdue.  Our finesse guys should play with more courage now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1