Sabres signed Nicholas Aube Kubel to a one year 1.5 million dollar deal

Brawndo

55 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I heard that too and it made me wonder if that factored into NAK signing here. As I'm sure you heard they bought a place on or near the waterfront and Malenstyn has now joined them nearby (I'm assuming there's luxury condos down there?). So that seems like a very good thing and the team most definitely needs more of that. Hopefully they will help lead this team and maybe it's the beginning of players talking about how they like it in Buffalo and we start to see the end of the NTC effect. 

It would be nice to have players that love nd appreciate this area and bring a winning culture back here.  Of course it has to start with a winning commitment at the top. 

My buddy went to Dudley's house in Lewiston, NY (near the Falls)  to see the Cup.  He loves the area.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

I heard that too and it made me wonder if that factored into NAK signing here. As I'm sure you heard they bought a place on or near the waterfront and Malenstyn has now joined them nearby (I'm assuming there's luxury condos down there?). So that seems like a very good thing and the team most definitely needs more of that. Hopefully they will help lead this team and maybe it's the beginning of players talking about how they like it in Buffalo and we start to see the end of the NTC effect. 

17 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

It would be nice to have players that love nd appreciate this area and bring a winning culture back here.  Of course it has to start with a winning commitment at the top. 

My buddy went to Dudley's house in Lewiston, NY (near the Falls)  to see the Cup.  He loves the area.  

We’ve had 6 young players commit to signing here long-term in less than 2 years.

For some reason people don’t seem to count that, but for me it’s a sign that this has already started to happen.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, dudacek said:

We’ve had 6 young players commit to signing here long-term in less than 2 years.

For some reason people don’t seem to count that, but for me it’s a sign that this has already started to happen.

Don't forget Mittelstadt WANTED to sign here.  He simply didn't get an offer.  So, they've signed 6 of 7 and it was their choice to not go for 7 of 7.

Only Olofsson didn't want to be back, of the recent younger guys.  And that was a function of not fitting in for a nightly slot in the lineup; not because he didn't like it here.  He didn't like the press box and couldn't earn his way out of it.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I like that they have playoff experience and we’re on the Caps team that grinded out points to get there.

NAK has a Cup and played with Byram.

Edited by French Collection
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

I don't count it because young players have fewer options. When UFAs sign here it can mean more. Even if they are only role players. 

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

I like that they have playoff experience and we’re on the Caps team that grinder out points to get there.

NAK has a Cup and played with Byram.

The more guys on the roster that already know how to play that way the better and it'll make it easier for Ruff to get the rest to buy in.