Sabres signed Nicholas Aube Kubel to a one year 1.5 million dollar deal

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Well yeah having four guys out there should help, Joe! 

If that is your 4th line...as I mentioned above, it just might be the fastest skating line in the league, or close to it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

NAK made Malenstyn better when they played together.

This should work 

Yup, that looks like the 4th line. I like it better than what we had last year. It has more of an actual 4th line look, but it's marginal NHL at best. Not good enough imo. 

• spndnchz unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2024 at 3:58 PM, PerreaultForever said:

Yup, that looks like the 4th line. I like it better than what we had last year. It has more of an actual 4th line look, but it's marginal NHL at best. Not good enough imo. 

I will wait and see how they play together before deciding if they are good or not but I like the new look 4th line.    I like the McLeod and Zucker signings too.  Overall I like where this is going, especially with a coach who has proven he can coach at this level.  

Now for the hard stuff.   Get UPL on contract.  Add an impact top 6 forward, add a physical and steady top 4 defender, and we will have something.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I will wait and see how they play together before deciding if they are good or not but I like the new look 4th line.    I like the McLeod and Zucker signings too.  Overall I like where this is going, especially with a coach who has proven he can coach at this level.  

Now for the hard stuff.   Get UPL on contract.  Add an impact top 6 forward, add a physical and steady top 4 defender, and we will have something.  

I like the framework and structure of what is there now for sure. For years the bottom 6 has just been the guys not good enough to play top minutes and it's been a mish mash of mostly garbage and no identity. Now we have the look of more clearly defined roles. It's a step int he right direction. 

I have my doubts if the bolded will happen. Philly site has talk of Samuelsson and Krebs for Farabee and that's risky on both ends to say the least. 

10 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I like the framework and structure of what is there now for sure. For years the bottom 6 has just been the guys not good enough to play top minutes and it's been a mish mash of mostly garbage and no identity. Now we have the look of more clearly defined roles. It's a step int he right direction. 

I have my doubts if the bolded will happen. Philly site has talk of Samuelsson and Krebs for Farabee and that's risky on both ends to say the least. 

If Samuelsson is included in a Farabee deal, then it should be an unequivocal no! Krebs plus a pick or secondary prospect would be reasonable in my view. However, adding a defenseman, either Samuelsson or Clifton, would have me hanging up the phone. Torts is notorious in creating doghouses that are tough to get out of. If Farabee is locked in one of them, he should be available for a reasonable price. If not, look elsewhere. 

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

If Samuelsson is included in a Farabee deal, then it should be an unequivocal no! Krebs plus a pick or secondary prospect would be reasonable in my view. However, adding a defenseman, either Samuelsson or Clifton, would have me hanging up the phone. Torts is notorious in creating doghouses that are tough to get out of. If Farabee is locked in one of them, he should be available for a reasonable price. If not, look elsewhere. 

Unless Sabres also think he's made out of glass.

idk, that's one rumor. Just saw on twitter there's another one about Philly sending Risto and Frost to Montreal for Matheson and Barron and a pick. Maybe if they move out Risto they really want Samuelsson. Just rumors. Nothing to get excited about until they happen. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

He fell into the guy with an A

Also all their jerseys have A's on them lol

56 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

i didn't see an A  -- there's a prominent patch on one side -- presumably for the SCF.

So I am crazy after all.  I should have guessed

21 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Listening to Malenstyn on Sabres Live yesterday it sounds like his wife and NAK’s wife are great friends.

I also listened to the interview on WGR. He's a very articulate and engaging person, quite impressive. The offseason upgrading of the fourth line is demonstrably better than last year's fourth line. It better balances the roster and will have a positive impact on our top two lines because it will allow them to focus more on what they do better as offensive players. Although the GM hasn't so far brought in big name players, what he has done is created a more coherent team roster. The Lindy effect?

47 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Listening to Malenstyn on Sabres Live yesterday it sounds like his wife and NAK’s wife are great friends.

I heard that too and it made me wonder if that factored into NAK signing here. As I'm sure you heard they bought a place on or near the waterfront and Malenstyn has now joined them nearby (I'm assuming there's luxury condos down there?). So that seems like a very good thing and the team most definitely needs more of that. Hopefully they will help lead this team and maybe it's the beginning of players talking about how they like it in Buffalo and we start to see the end of the NTC effect.