Sabres sign Forward Sam Lafferty to a 2 year 2 million dollar AAV Deal

Brawndo

These are the types of players I’ve wanted for awhile, good skater, tough to play against. Another hitter and the bottom 6 got much better. Now let’s fill that Skinner vacancy with someone like Ehlers, Necas or the like and I’ll say job well done sir.

Edited by GoPuckYourself
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Peterka - Thompson - Tuch 

Benson - Cozens - Quinn

Zucker - Krebs - Greenway

Malenstyn - Lafferty - Rookie?

I betcha Zucker gets first shot up top and the other 2 get bumped down.

Add Aube-Kubel and a real 3C and a workable picture starts to take shape.

Would have liked someone better than Zucker replacing Skinner.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I don’t think that was the goal.  The goal was to get harder to play against and get some secondary scoring.  

Still, without a C better than Krebs, the lineup still doesn’t work.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I don’t think that was the goal.  The goal was to get harder to play against and get some secondary scoring.  

Our GM is telling you without telling you it's Kulich or Helenius. Look at the amazing training camp he had! Really wanted it and outworked Krebs for it.

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

Our GM is telling you without telling you it's Kulich or Helenius. Look at the amazing training camp he had! Really wanted it and outworked Krebs for it.

Savoie is also a center.

For what it’s worth, I did read on X from one of the sports journalists that the Sabres are still looking for C via trade.

• Thanks (+1) 3

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

I really doubt Zucker gets the first shot. Word from the twitter folk is the Sabres FO doesn’t view Zucker as top 6 material 

Benson - Cozens - Quinn

Malenstyn - Lafferty - Aube-Kubel

…is how it’s looking rn, more or less

Have to say…I really like that 4th line. A reading of this lineup as it stands seems pretty easy: dicey proposition to make the playoffs as is, but certainly within the realm of possibility. But an “A” offseason from Adams (and an optimistic projection for playoffs) if we can add a true top 6 F, or, a 3C who’s better defined as middle 6. (Aka quite a strong one.) It almost seems like this top 6/middle 6 addition needs to be a C or else we have Krebs in the 3 spot by default 

But I really like the work from KA so far. It’s funny, it’s not going to look good without that big addition, it’s not a strong enough offseason without it, after everything we said, but yet, if we DO make the move it suddenly flips and looks quite solid.

I suppose that’s the mechanics of filling in the fringes first 

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

It’s a big sticking point right now. Fix that and I see the vision. Don’t, and I don’t 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I really doubt Zucker gets the first shot. Word from the twitter folk is the Sabres FO doesn’t view Zucker as top 6 material 

Benson - Cozens - Quinn

Malenstyn - Lafferty - Aube-Kubel

…is how it’s looking rn, more or less

Have to say…I really like that 4th line. A reading of this lineup as it stands seems pretty easy: dicey proposition to make the playoffs as is, but certainly within the realm of possibility. But an “A” offseason from Adams (and an optimistic projection for playoffs) if we can add a true top 6 F, or, a 3C who’s better defined as middle 6. (Aka quite a strong one.) It almost seems like this top 6/middle 6 addition needs to be a C or else we have Krebs in the 3 spot by default 

But I really like the work from KA so far. It’s funny, it’s not going to look good without that big addition, it’s not a strong enough offseason without it, after everything we said, but yet, if we DO make the move it suddenly flips and looks quite solid.

I suppose that’s the mechanics of filling in the fringes first 

Not sure anyone sees Zucker as a top 6 winger, but that's probably the case with Benson as well.

I'm not sure how we're going to see Ruff put lines together, but I kinda expect it them to be built with purpose — "I need a line to do this" — more so than simple stacking.

The rest of this post is spot on to me: they identified needs and addressed them with what was available; they have yet to find a way to address the most pressing need.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1