Sabres Announce Qualifying Offers for 4 Players

Brawndo

9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Would seem that way.

I'm not saying this is particularly noteworthy, but Adams seems to be having no problem cutting ties this year with guys who haven't cut it, or he doesn't see as part of his plan: from Mitts all the way down to Biro, just because you want to be here doesn't mean he will automatically keep you.

At the moment, he's effectively cut ties with Okposo, Johnson, Mittelstadt, Skinner, Olofsson, Robinson, Girgensons, Jost, Bryson and Comrie from the Sabres

And from the pipeline he's dumped Murray, Biro, Weissbach, Cooley, Cedarqvist, Lindgren and Stillman, plus potentially a number of UFA Amerks.

I mean its GM 101 to turn over pieces like that, so its not a big deal. I only bring it up because last year — and bringing back Girgs and Jost in particular — raised the question for many of us about whether he loved his players too much.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I'm not saying this is particularly noteworthy, but Adams seems to be having no problem cutting ties this year with guys who haven't cut it, or he doesn't see as part of his plan: from Mitts all the way down to Biro, just because you want to be here doesn't mean he will automatically keep you.

At the moment, he's effectively cut ties with Okposo, Johnson, Mittelstadt, Skinner, Olofsson, Robinson, Girgensons, Jost, Bryson and Comrie from the Sabres

And from the pipeline he's dumped Murray, Biro, Weissbach, Cooley, Cedarqvist, Lindgren and Stillman, plus potentially a number of UFA Amerks.

I mean its GM 101 to turn over pieces like that, so its not a big deal. I only bring it up because last year — and bringing back Girgs and Jost in particular — raised the question for many of us about whether he loved his players too much.

Haven’t they held off on QOs for a few guys recently and then signed them to a cheaper deal? I wouldn’t say they’ve cut ties just yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, shrader said:

Haven’t they held off on QOs for a few guys recently and then signed them to a cheaper deal? I wouldn’t say they’ve cut ties just yet. 

Absolutely possible guy might be back.

But in the purest sense, none of these guys are tied to the Sabres anymore. They're unrestricted free agents.

Just now, dudacek said:

Absolutely possible guy might be back.

But in the purest sense, none of these guys are tied to the Sabres anymore. They're unrestricted free agents.

I was going to say they could still sign before the start of free agency, but then I realized it’s 6/30 already. So I suppose there’s still time, but very little.

I wouldn’t be surprised if more than one sign back right away.  

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

Worthy to bring up.   This is a normal cycle and it’s interesting to see that Adams picks will be filling Rochester now. 

• Like (+1) 1