Free Agent Frenzy 2024

spndnchz

16 minutes ago, ska-T Chitown said:

Let's not discuss why the Sabres are bad in this thread ... but here is my list of complaints 🤣🤣😉

Yeah, not even close. I could go on and on. The things I listed are just the high level supporting evidence for my statement. The point was to not devolve another thread into the same arguments that permeate every other thread.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Of course they have to get this tidbit out to the masses.  “Hey we tried to sign Stamkos” spin control for the turd bomb that is going to be the off-season.  “Nobody wants to come here” “because Buffalo”.  It’s getting tiresome.  

Not sure if Adams is really going after major moves or he's doubling down on the status quo and covering his tracks with a desperate fan base.

24 minutes ago, LTS said:

Let's just all agree that there's no need to post about the Sabres ineptitude today. The horse has been dead for quite some time.

By now we have to accept that until somehow they right the ship internally, or they change ownership, that players who will make a difference to the team are not going to come here.

It's 13 years of not only not making the playoffs, but being laughably inept at times. While some good will moves have been made it's not enough to overcome 13 years of losing.

I'm not fully blaming Adams because the run up to this point is only partly on him. The top is lonely, but it's the top that should be shouldering all the attention. So far he's shuffled the deck chairs on the Titanic quite a few times... but the ship is still sinking.

Heavens, the negativity. I choose not to live like this. It's just a game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

What are we really expecting to happen today?  

My hope is they make the bottom 6 much harder to play against, I actually liked the pickup of Malenstyn so I want more guys who block shots, play on penalty kill, hit to round out that area and just 1 splash player whether it be Jonathan Marchessault in FA or Nicolaj Ehlers through trade we need someone who has production on the wing because I'm not even entertaining the fact that Stamkos would signe here, I don't believe he would imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, LTS said:

Let's just all agree that there's no need to post about the Sabres ineptitude today. The horse has been dead for quite some time.

By now we have to accept that until somehow they right the ship internally, or they change ownership, that players who will make a difference to the team are not going to come here.

It's 13 years of not only not making the playoffs, but being laughably inept at times. While some good will moves have been made it's not enough to overcome 13 years of losing.

I'm not fully blaming Adams because the run up to this point is only partly on him. The top is lonely, but it's the top that should be shouldering all the attention. So far he's shuffled the deck chairs on the Titanic quite a few times... but the ship is still sinking.

Agree with all but your opening statement. It's all there is to comment on at this juncture.

Prove me wrong KA.