Free Agent Frenzy 2024

spndnchz

12 minutes ago, Archie Lee said:

A big signing (Stamkos) would be exciting. I think a better strategy is strength through depth. Give me Stephenson, Foegele and Duhaime (or something comparable), and I’m happy. 

Stephenson Numbers (Fancy Stats) have fallen off, I would be worried his counting stats are inflated by playing for VGK. 

He is the buyer beware UFA for me.

Foegele would be a great signing 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

It’s finally starting to get to me.  

I have a feeling that there is no hope for this team once again this coming season.  I see a few mid level moves.  That’s it. 

And I am with Wookie, that this on the precipice of becoming a nearly unbrealable cycle due to the piling up of errors since the Pegula’s bought the team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 4

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

It’s finally starting to get to me.  

I have a feeling that there is no hope for this team once again this coming season.  I see a few mid level moves.  That’s it. 

It's a shame that this is what we've been reduced to as a fan base. I want to be excited for this day, I really do but...

Charlie Brown Football GIF

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

It's a shame that this is what we've been reduced to as a fan base. I want to be excited for this day, I really do but...

Charlie Brown Football GIF

You see the news and you see the good teams are already on track to sign the best players. 

4 years under the cap for what reason?  The last two season were so grossly mishandled and completely wasted.  Clearly the Sabres are not taken as a serious franchise.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's just all agree that there's no need to post about the Sabres ineptitude today. The horse has been dead for quite some time.

By now we have to accept that until somehow they right the ship internally, or they change ownership, that players who will make a difference to the team are not going to come here.

It's 13 years of not only not making the playoffs, but being laughably inept at times. While some good will moves have been made it's not enough to overcome 13 years of losing.

I'm not fully blaming Adams because the run up to this point is only partly on him. The top is lonely, but it's the top that should be shouldering all the attention. So far he's shuffled the deck chairs on the Titanic quite a few times... but the ship is still sinking.

• Agree 4

3 minutes ago, LTS said:

Let's just all agree that there's no need to post about the Sabres ineptitude today. The horse has been dead for quite some time.

By now we have to accept that until somehow they right the ship internally, or they change ownership, that players who will make a difference to the team are not going to come here.

It's 13 years of not only not making the playoffs, but being laughably inept at times. While some good will moves have been made it's not enough to overcome 13 years of losing.

I'm not fully blaming Adams because the run up to this point is only partly on him. The top is lonely, but it's the top that should be shouldering all the attention. So far he's shuffled the deck chairs on the Titanic quite a few times... but the ship is still sinking.

Let's not discuss why the Sabres are bad in this thread ... but here is my list of complaints 🤣🤣😉

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1