Free Agent Frenzy 2024

spndnchz

9 hours ago, jahnyc said:

Not sure I understand why the Sabres are so radioactive.  I get that there are more desirable places to play, but the team has a young core and pipeline with an overall decent future and a new head coach who is generally well respected.  Must be some pretty awful information out there about the franchise for so many players at different levels (free agents, college players who haven't signed and players that are under contract that don't want to be traded to the team) to not want to come here (and for GMs to honor those wishes for players that could be traded to the Sabres).

Doesn't there have to be more to this?

Perhaps drill a little deeper.

5 hours ago, TRIP65 said:

Sabres have MONEY

Sabres have one of the Winnest HC

Florida won with HC that never won Cup for 28 years

Sabres had Offense that was Top 5 just 2 years ago and have Top 5 that was there back then.

Sabres have one of the BEST Goalie Tandems in League

Sabres Defense is led by Dahlin, Power and Bo Byram

Seriously, What is NOT to Like?????

15 Years of mismanagement and abject failure

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

We should be looking to sign Stamkos to a two year deal that’s undoubtedly an overpayment. He’s not going to be a 40/40 guy here, but we need his legitimacy in the locker room and this fanbase needs something to rally behind. The Athletic gave his projection at 3x6. Offer him 2x9. Win and he’ll finish out his career here. 

24 million for 2 years would likely be his number for buffalo

22 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

24 million for 2 years would likely be his number for buffalo

***** it get it done. 

12 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Probably 3 X $12.

Supposedly "fake years" are league scrutinized but we know we can't rely on that.

3x12 is a little more difficult to stomach. I’d have to look more into the numbers. 

6 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I’m not doubting he won’t sign here, but I don’t know he will go to a contender. I’d imagine cap space and top 6 space would be much more limited there. 

Yes, but good general managers and organizations find a way to make it work by moving other parts via trade

5 minutes ago, Archie Lee said:

A big signing (Stamkos) would be exciting. I think a better strategy is strength through depth. Give me Stephenson, Foegele and Duhaime (or something comparable), and I’m happy. 

Agree Archie. I think this is where our expectations should be in terms of the caliber of FA that would sign with the Sabres. I fear throwing stupid dollars at a big name (ex, Stamkos) will turn out to be Taylor Hall 2.0. Only coming for the money.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Of course they have to get this tidbit out to the masses.  “Hey we tried to sign Stamkos” spin control for the turd bomb that is going to be the off-season.  “Nobody wants to come here” “because Buffalo”.  It’s getting tiresome.  

1 minute ago, ExWNYer said:

If I wasn’t 100% certain the Sabres were on his no trade list, I’d pine for this a little harder.  

• Agree 2