Free Agent Frenzy 2024

spndnchz

5 hours ago, #freejame said:

Truba isn’t going anywhere unless his family situation has dramatically changed. I’m pretty sure he’s said as much recently. 

I suppose he'd consider going to the Islanders or New Jersey but I don't think they are interested and the Rags don't want to move him to a direct competitor. 

1 hour ago, Turbo44 said:

On July 1, his full NMC changed to a 15 team NMC, so he can say no to half of the league

The way it was reported as well, he put together a strategic list that included all the teams that might want a D man or can afford him thus also decreasing any likelihood of being dealt. He's not the only one who does that. I believe Ullmark did it as well. He left any teams that were solid in goal off his list. or so he thought. 

17 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

So people really want to bring in the the cheap shotting version of Erik Johnson at this point?

This is what nearly two decades of not an ounce of toughness in the lineup begets. 

48 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Mrs Trouba should just stop and change course. Her hubby has money, she should do something else 😂😂😂

Interesting take.  She'll be finishing up her residency this year and be helping people as a doctor for 30+ years probably.  Instead, you think she should quit since her husband has made $50m and will retire in a couple of years?  Interesting, are we living in the 1950's?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Keep reading more Trouba to Buffalo stuff on twitter. How easy or difficult is it for rich guys to travel between New York (where his wife is in residency) and Buffalo? Are there easy daily flights?

Many direct flights daily morning, afternoon, and evenings. Commuting out of JFK/LaGuardia would be the most difficult/annoying part. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 7/11/2024 at 8:35 PM, dudacek said:

Didn’t we just have a draft thread overflowing with “no more small, skilled, perimeter forwards?

Isn’t Farabee just Isak Rosen 3 or 4 years later?

What am I missing about this guy?

Farabee is 3 years older, and already has played 334 NHL games with two 20 goal seasons.   His NHL production outpaces Rosen in the AHL. 

I would not give up a lot for him, but it’s not at all certain that Rosen will match Farabee.   

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, CTJoe said:

Interesting take.  She'll be finishing up her residency this year and be helping people as a doctor for 30+ years probably.  Instead, you think she should quit since her husband has made $50m and will retire in a couple of years?  Interesting, are we living in the 1950's?

Considering I've been a doctor for almost 20 years.. Yes.... She should salvage her soul... Healthcare sucks your soul... I say this partially in Jest and partially because this career is not as daisy and roses as the public would like to think it is. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If you make $8MM you're flying private.

It’s $20G to fly private round trip. He’s not going to spend 1/10 of his take home pay flying private once a week if he wants to stay a millionaire. 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, #freejame said:

It’s $20G to fly private round trip. He’s not going to spend 1/10 of his take home pay flying private once a week if he wants to stay a millionaire. 

Well for all we know he could get his pilot's license and fly his own small plane but I get the point. Ultimately I was just kind of wondering if a one year (while she does her residency) thing was in any way viable. Same state and all, same taxes. So maybe if he was being strategic Buffalo wasn't on his 15 team list. It's possible. 

6 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well for all we know he could get his pilot's license and fly his own small plane but I get the point. Ultimately I was just kind of wondering if a one year (while she does her residency) thing was in any way viable. Same state and all, same taxes. So maybe if he was being strategic Buffalo wasn't on his 15 team list. It's possible. 

It’s for sure possible. Flying to NYC is probably the easiest flight out of Buffalo, and our airport is very convenient for getting in and out of. Business Class Delta would be plenty fine for him. It’s just a question of how much time is he actually willing to give up for it. I think best bet he can probably leave his house in Buffalo and be at his apartment in NYC within 3.5 hours. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, #freejame said:

It’s for sure possible. Flying to NYC is probably the easiest flight out of Buffalo, and our airport is very convenient for getting in and out of. Business Class Delta would be plenty fine for him. It’s just a question of how much time is he actually willing to give up for it. I think best bet he can probably leave his house in Buffalo and be at his apartment in NYC within 3.5 hours. 

One has to also consider his wife's hours would be long and involved and I would think for the most part over that year they'd see very little of each other anyway and matching hours would be hard no matter where he lived. Maybe they want to settle down and do family stuff after she finishes as well. In that case Buffalo area might have more appeal than NYC. All in all it's not impossible and it would be a really good thing for the Sabres. 

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Considering I've been a doctor for almost 20 years.. Yes.... She should salvage her soul... Healthcare sucks your soul... I say this partially in Jest and partially because this career is not as daisy and roses as the public would like to think it is. 

This is hilarious. I am a physician and my wife is as well. I have been smart enough to go work in Industry. She works for an extremely large corporate national healthcare system. If we won the lottery tomorrow, it’s laughable she would continue being worked like a dog. Correct, this isn’t the 50s, but it sure as hell isn’t the 90s either. People need to open their eyes. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, #freejame said:

I don't think a short hop costs that much. There are services like Flexjet you can order a flight.

The question is how often would he need to fly to NYC. Like someone else posted, his wife isn't going to have a lot of free time, and he's going to be on road trips with the Sabres. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/12/2024 at 6:27 PM, PerreaultForever said:

You don't know the answer to this? He blows people up and if you have your head down or admire your pass you're going to get rocked into next week. Thus he strikes fear and hesitancy into some opponents which hampers their play. 

Oh, so you mean Rasmus Ristolainen.  We had one, decided he sucked and got some ol' Hagg for him.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I just don’t see a spot that makes sense with Trouba since he isn’t exactly a solid defensive stalwart. 

Dahlin is our Top RD 

He could play with any of Power, Muel or Byram and have success. 

Clifton is a solid 3RD, he showed as much once he got to play on the right side at the proper minutes last year. He was a failure as a 2RD but is still a good player as a 3RD abeit slightly overpaid.

Trouba at this point of his career is a 3RD much like Clifton only older and making far more money. If his analytics were flipped and he was an offensive black hole but a solid defensive player; he’d be a solid pick up for Byram or Power as 2LD. However his stats would say he’d be arguably better with a Muel type player himself and that doesn’t exactly fix anything. He’s a bulkier Jokiharju with less finesse but more physicality but nothing else.

10 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

I just don’t see a spot that makes sense with Trouba since he isn’t exactly a solid defensive stalwart. 

Dahlin is our Top RD 

He could play with any of Power, Muel or Byram and have success. 

Clifton is a solid 3RD, he showed as much once he got to play on the right side at the proper minutes last year. He was a failure as a 2RD but is still a good player as a 3RD abeit slightly overpaid.

Trouba at this point of his career is a 3RD much like Clifton only older and making far more money. If his analytics were flipped and he was an offensive black hole but a solid defensive player; he’d be a solid pick up for Byram or Power as 2LD. However his stats would say he’d be arguably better with a Muel type player himself and that doesn’t exactly fix anything. He’s a bulkier Jokiharju with less finesse but more physicality but nothing else.

You don’t think Trouba brings any leadership qualities?!?!  Joki certainly doesn’t