Free Agent Frenzy 2024

spndnchz

So let’s see. We got Lindy Ruff. We bought out one of our top 6 forwards and traded for a guy who I’ve never heard of. Sounds like more of the same in Buffalo. I was excited for 2 months after Lindy was hired. Now I’m not 

Edited by OverPowerYou
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

So let’s see. We got Lindy Ruff. We bought out one of our top 6 forwards and traded for a guy who I’ve never heard of. Sounds like more of the same in Buffalo. I was excited for 2 months after Lindy was hired. Now I’m not 

On the bright side you can put some good money down on the Stanley Cup winner when Skinner signs with that team

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

Not sure I understand why the Sabres are so radioactive.  I get that there are more desirable places to play, but the team has a young core and pipeline with an overall decent future and a new head coach who is generally well respected.  Must be some pretty awful information out there about the franchise for so many players at different levels (free agents, college players who haven't signed and players that are under contract that don't want to be traded to the team) to not want to come here (and for GMs to honor those wishes for players that could be traded to the Sabres).

Doesn't there have to be more to this?

They haven't made the playoffs in 13 years when half the teams in the league have a shot, it's almost incredible that they dont even make it in by accident. If you had your choice to go to a nice southern state like Florida to play hockey where they actually win or the fridget cold not even the main city in NY where only 3 fans show up which would you choose with honesty? 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

To be frank I’m concerned for the franchise’s future at this point. No one will waive or sign here of note. Even when we state that we are trying to win nowadays. Before people say you need to win; well it’s hard to if no one wants to come here unless they are drafted by us to begin with. It would effectively mean we will never escape the basement because we’ll never get the support to get into the playoffs and have to forever rely on rookies only for players to leave upon reaching their maturity.

Well, 2 seasons ago they were a Hudson Fasching kicked in goal away from the playoffs.

This past season, Adams essentially stayed pat with only Clifton and E Johnson as the only new guys brought in though there were other weak areas to address.

IF he'd finally trade some of the prospects/ picks that are where eventual success would seem to be flowing from, then maybe some of that future lost talent / opportunity could be replaced by UFAs that DON'T have the Sabres on their nfw list.

Am hoping it starts tomorrow, but am not hopeful.

6 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

On the bright side you can put some good money down on the Stanley Cup winner when Skinner signs with that team

Ha...skinny has to get to the playoffs before he can win a cup.  And I'm doubting his style of play helps in the playoffs.  

Hope he goes to a division rival to give us a better shot.

1 hour ago, jahnyc said:

Not sure I understand why the Sabres are so radioactive.  I get that there are more desirable places to play, but the team has a young core and pipeline with an overall decent future and a new head coach who is generally well respected.  Must be some pretty awful information out there about the franchise for so many players at different levels (free agents, college players who haven't signed and players that are under contract that don't want to be traded to the team) to not want to come here (and for GMs to honor those wishes for players that could be traded to the Sabres).

Doesn't there have to be more to this?

Perception = reality

Chad DeDominicis released a podcast tonight. 

A couple tidbits, they are in talks with Winnipeg about Ehlers. He is willing to come to Buffalo but does not want to sign an extension with any team yet. The ask is high, other players maybe involved from Winnipeg as well, but this is an overpayment they should make imo. 2025 1st top ten protected and a prospect would be my guess. 

He also mentioned they do have interest in Stamkos and they could offer a short term deal at high AAV. He probably goes somewhere else though. 
He also wonders about Tyler Toffoli and Matt Roy for the Sabres as UFA Targets