Free Agent Frenzy 2024

spndnchz

To be frank I’m concerned for the franchise’s future at this point. No one will waive or sign here of note. Even when we state that we are trying to win nowadays. Before people say you need to win; well it’s hard to if no one wants to come here unless they are drafted by us to begin with. It would effectively mean we will never escape the basement because we’ll never get the support to get into the playoffs and have to forever rely on rookies only for players to leave upon reaching their maturity.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • dislike 2

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Excellent signing a guy that only played 1 season healthy out of 15 years is music to my ears hopefully it's long term.

5 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

To be frank I’m concerned for the franchise’s future at this point. No one will waive or sign here of note. Even when we state that we are trying to win nowadays. Before people say you need to win; well it’s hard to if no one wants to come here unless they are drafted by us to begin with. It would effectively mean we will never escape the basement because we’ll never get the support to get into the playoffs and have to forever rely on rookies only for players to leave upon reaching their maturity.

Start winning problem solved 

11 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Bad take, trade for players with no movement clauses, stop making excuses for this franchise. Put the big boy pants on Adams, if the Sharks can get deals done with no issues so can we, no more excuses.

Edited by GoPuckYourself
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Well you need to show some signs of life first before anyone will consider coming here.  They probably could have had a bump last year when they were perceived as up and coming.  But since they actually did worse this year and given their track record... signing FA is going to be hard.

It's hard to feel bad for KA when he shot himself in the foot by not going after anyone last year. 

7 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Bad take, trade for players with no movement clauses, stop making excuses for this franchise. Put the big boy pants on Adams, if the Sharks can get deals done with no issues so can we, no more excuses.

Um, I’m unsure if you mean no NMCs or with NMCs somehow. Also the vast majority of Top 6 players have NMCs or NTCs. We need a solid Top 6 winger that isn’t a complete liability in his own end or else buying out Skinner was meaningless. 

And if teams won’t give you anyone barring extreme overpayment you can’t exactly do that without likely destroying the little hope that hangs around with the prospect pool being able to help bail us out. 

9 minutes ago, Ctaeth said:

Well you need to show some signs of life first before anyone will consider coming here.  They probably could have had a bump last year when they were perceived as up and coming.  But since they actually did worse this year and given their track record... signing FA is going to be hard.

It's hard to feel bad for KA when he shot himself in the foot by not going after anyone last year. 

Don’t feel bad for him personally unless he is truly in a no win situation but more for us fans who deserve better

Not sure I understand why the Sabres are so radioactive.  I get that there are more desirable places to play, but the team has a young core and pipeline with an overall decent future and a new head coach who is generally well respected.  Must be some pretty awful information out there about the franchise for so many players at different levels (free agents, college players who haven't signed and players that are under contract that don't want to be traded to the team) to not want to come here (and for GMs to honor those wishes for players that could be traded to the Sabres).

Doesn't there have to be more to this?

• Thanks (+1) 1