Free Agent Frenzy 2024

spndnchz

44 minutes ago, ... said:

Everyone needs to brace themselves for the presser on today. Adams will say they filled positions of need, mainly across the bottom six. He'll say the top six doesn't have a problem generating offense, even despite last season's regression, and therefore he didn't need to worry about adding top six players if no "deals" were to be had. "We think we are definitely tougher to play against now, and our top lines will be free from having to execute duties outside of their expected roles."

We had a 30 Goal scorer and 32 year old Vet, eating money instead

Unless it is a TOP Freeagent why did we Tank? Was to fill Amerks and Minors with Prospects to move up to Sabres cheaply

Paying guys already and have Quinn and Peterka to pay for next year

I see Kulich, Savoie, Rosen, Östlund and even Benson who can go to Top Line

4 minutes ago, xzy89c1 said:

I would like to get Trouba and Kappo from Rangers. Should not cost much except cap space. Trouba slots into third pair with only 2 years left on contract. Kills penalties and is PHYSICAL. Kappo is a lottery ticket.

Kakko is a bust with not much upside.  Trouba isn't worth a ton.  Sure if they want cash considerations and a 5th, make the trade.  Anyone who believes that Kakko is more than what he showed, is nuts.  He's all draft profile at this point. 

1 minute ago, xzy89c1 said:

one of the biggest complaints we all had was the bottom 6. Seems to be addressed. Once frenzy dies down in a couple weeks I hope there is a trade coming...

Barring an unexpected signing like Henrique or Wennberg, or a trade, we are going to come in $7-8 million below the cap.  Still things that can happen.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

So,  bottom set,  need a rugged defenseman,  and a top 6 forward

10 forwards and 8 defencemen now on 1-way contracts.

UPL, Krebs, Jokiharju and Malenstyn still to re-sign.

$20M in cap space left.

2 hours ago, Rasmus_ said:

Jason Zucker.  

When you have cap space THIS year, and you bring in a guy on a 1 year deal....unless that deal is taking up so much of this years cap that you can't sign someone else then I don't think it is a 'stupid deal'.  The guy has scored 41 goals in the last 2 seasons (with missing some games) so its not like he is a 5-goal-per-year 4th liner.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The entire front office is at the first development camp practice, so I imagine things remain quiet for a short while at least 

Why not go watch prospects practice, not like they've got creative ideas to improve the Sabres. 

1 minute ago, shrader said:

Why does Detroit have so many goalies?

Yzerman thinks you can play multiple at a time. 

• Vomit 1

15 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The entire front office is at the first development camp practice, so I imagine things remain quiet for a short while at least 

Huh.

Do other franchises just opt out of the afternoon on day 1 of UFA to go do an employee onboarding call? Seems like Dev Camp could wait until 7/2 to get started.

• dislike 1

2 hours ago, tom webster said:

Best thing that has happened today for Buffalo is Stamkos and Marchessault signing out west and Boston spending like drunken sailors for a third line center and a 4/5 defenseman.

We will not enjoy playing Boston, again, for the next few years. I trust their ability to bring in appropriate talent far more than Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Huh.

Do other franchises just opt out of the afternoon on day 1 of UFA to go do an employee onboarding call? Seems like Dev Camp could wait until 7/2 to get started.

It's yet another data point as to how clueless the organization's leadership really is. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

It kinda feels like they're done in the FA market and will look to add a 3C via trade -- which may not happen for a while.

That's fine with me, and probably the correct approach, but it will of course depend on whom they bring in.

2 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

I still think that our best bet is to try and get Lundell from Florida with all of their intentions of re-signing/extending players

I think the likelihood of Florida trading Lundell is about the same as the likelihood of TB trading Cirelli -- i.e. zero.

The good teams don't trade their core guys.  They figure out how to dump a couple of overpaid fringe guys instead.

9 minutes ago, oddoublee said:

We will not enjoy playing Boston, again, for the next few years. I trust their ability to bring in appropriate talent far more than Buffalo.

I don’t know how any Sabres fan can mock Boston’s methods. They continue to emphasize winning and then….. win.

Edited by Weave
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Probably so. But I also have to assume their cell phones work in the Harbor Center if something comes up. (For those flipping out that they’re there).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, PotentPowerPlay21 said:

It feels like the rest of the league is feasting on meat and potatoes and the Sabres are fighting for the parsley garnish.

Frankly its kind of the opposite in terms of style ironically enough

We have been targeting the meat & potatoes type players versus the fancy garnishes 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1