Free Agent Frenzy 2024

spndnchz

2 minutes ago, oddoublee said:

I am open to arguments that this is not an underwhelming start to the off-season for the sabres.

They’re actually a little busier off the hop than a lot of teams. Nothing big, but also nothing stupid and they’re filling needs.

But there is still a ridiculous amount of cap space available and a gaping hole at centre.

Need them to make that one big move, preferably a trade.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

32 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

The entire typeset of players we’re signing this year we never got in the past.  All our fourth liners were just lesser skilled smallish skill forwards just like they used to target in the draft for the top6. This is a whole new look this year 

But we need so much more…. We not only need a 3C, we need a real good 3C…. We need a 2LW too…

we are going to go with KA’s little guys in Rochester that couldn’t score vs. Syracuse…

it is going to be embarrassing…

Just now, B-U-F-F-A-L-O said:

But we need so much more…. We not only need a 3C, we need a real good 3C…. We need a 2LW too…

we are going to go with KA’s little guys in Rochester that couldn’t score vs. Syracuse…

it is going to be embarrassing…

Those little guys kept pairing up against top lines. That will change with coaching 

6 minutes ago, oddoublee said:

I am open to arguments that this is not an underwhelming start to the off-season for the sabres.

The actions taken so far are neither over nor underwhelming. Just solid deals to address lower line needs. Collectively, they remake what lower lines should look like. As @dudacek points out, there still is a big need that needs to be addressed to fill the Mitts departure. If I had to come up with a word or two that best describes what has taken place so far, I would say workmanlike and incomplete. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

The actions taken so far are neither over nor underwhelming. Just solid deals to address lower line needs. Collectively, they remake what lower lines should look like. As @dudacek points out, there still is a big need that needs to be addressed to fill the Mitts departure. If I had to come up with a word or two that best describes what has taken place so far, I would say workmanlike and incomplete. 

so, are we merely to feel whelmed? 😉 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Archie Lee said:

I'm missing something.  Is this assuming Benson is on line 3?

1 hour ago, Rasmus_ said:

I really hate that Terry Pegula owns this franchise.  I truly believe he is the worst owner in professional sports.  He truly does not get it.  

Eating GM mistakes with HC and Skinner. That is what good Owners do.

Might be a Bad President of Operations

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

I still think that our best bet is to try and get Lundell from Florida with all of their intentions of re-signing/extending players 

Peterka - Thompson - Tuch

Benson - Cozens - Quinn

Zucker - Lundell - Greenway

Malenstyn - Krebs - Lafferty 

is at least a respectable roster

Tuch  Tage  Savoie (or FA signing)

Quinn  Cozens  Peterka

Malenstyn  Benson  Rousek

Zucker  Kulich  Greenway

Krebs Lafferty

5 hours ago, Weave said:

And I am with Wookie, that this on the precipice of becoming a nearly unbrealable cycle due to the piling up of errors since the Pegula’s bought the team.

one of the biggest complaints we all had was the bottom 6. Seems to be addressed. Once frenzy dies down in a couple weeks I hope there is a trade coming...

• Like (+1) 1