Free Agent Frenzy 2024

spndnchz

3 minutes ago, Rasmus_ said:

We haven't replaced Skinner.  Zucker is nothing special.  He won't even comparably contribute to Skinner. 

I hope we promote from within.  Time to give Kulich or Rosen a chance.  I have more faith in our prospects than some of the garbage out in free agency.  I'm less than enthused how we addressed our bottom six, but hoping the Sabres give their prospects a chance on a line that makes sense.

8 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Best thing that has happened today for Buffalo is Stamkos and Marchessault signing out west and Boston spending like drunken sailors for a third line center and a 4/5 defenseman.

Lindholm is more than a 3rd line center, he’s a solid 2nd line center production wise and brings a great 2 way game. He’s had some 1C production in the past (42 goals, 82 points on the flames), but most years is not that productive. He’s a good pickup for Boston, though the term is likely 2-3 years too long.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Rasmus_ said:

We haven't replaced Skinner.  Zucker is nothing special.  He won't even comparably contribute to Skinner. 

I think Lindy would beg to differ.

Zucker is getting paid with the Skinner savings to fill the middle-six wing roster slot Skinner vacated.

I guess you could also make a case that he is replacing Olofsson.

But I think that in the minds of the Sabres, he’s replacing Skinner.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, DHawerchuk10 said:

I hope we promote from within.  Time to give Kulich or Rosen a chance.  I have more faith in our prospects than some of the garbage out in free agency.  I'm less than enthused how we addressed our bottom six, but hoping the Sabres give their prospects a chance on a line that makes sense.

Rosen should be a trade piece.  He has speed, and no shot.   Kulich right now is the only player who has the chance to impact.  I'm tired of settling on youth as the answer.  I want a proven winning middle six center, and a right handed defensemen who isn't playing in his off hand. 

Another year of Samuelsson missing 60 games, and suffering through the meh output of Joker, is maddening. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

glad we are trying to bulk up/ speed up our bottom 6ish. Needed to be done for a couple years now.

hopefully midway through July, after free agent frenzy, there is a trade done to improve top 6. as of now

Thompson, Tuch, Quinn

Cozens, Peterka, ???? Could be Benson. Who am I forgetting?

2 minutes ago, Rasmus_ said:

Rosen should be a trade piece.  He has speed, and no shot.   Kulich right now is the only player who has the chance to impact.  I'm tired of settling on youth as the answer.  I want a proven winning middle six center, and a right handed defensemen who isn't playing in his off hand. 

Do you mean Rosen has no shot with the Sabres?

Because the kid has a fantastic actual shot. Hard and accurate.

Edited by dudacek

5 minutes ago, Rasmus_ said:

Another year of Samuelsson missing 60 games, and suffering through the meh output of Joker, is maddening. 

Good luck, only way that happens if Buffalo trades for players under contract. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.