Free Agent Frenzy 2024

spndnchz

I’m just gonna say this and I know this isn’t going to go well. There is no attraction to go to the Buffalo Sabres. Big name players don’t want to go there for probably numerous reasons. 1) State Taxes 2) Too damn cold 3) Not an attractive place to play in, I’m talking about things to do, places to hang out, go eat. Remember Emerson Etem! 
Buffalo has to overpay to grab one of these free agents and I’m not sure players are sold on Buffalo’s organization as a whole! This is why unfortunately many won’t agree, Buffalo needs to continue drafting and hope they can get them far, plus not really sure Adams is the right guy to be aggressive plus we don’t know how much Terry is involved in all this.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Skibum said:

I don't buy the weather argument - Buffalo is considerably warmer, with much longer winter days than a lot of places where pro hockey players come from. 

You refer to it as 'hockey Siberia'. Vladimir Tarasenko is literally from Siberia

The thing is, in the NHL, Buffalo isn’t being compared to Siberia, or Moosejaw, or bumble F rural Alberta. It‘s now up against locales like LA, NYC, or Florida. 

• Agree 2

37 minutes ago, HoosierDaddy said:

Me? Just because I'm a bit down because the Sabres suck and will continue to suck? How does that make me a bot?

A bit down? It's not impossible. A capable GM would find a way to loosen the logjam of prospects and make something happen at the NHL level.

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

No about pinto in particular'

Also supposedly we are getting Lafferty 

You bring him in to make the playoffs. He's a 6'3" right handed center who can play in the middle 6 and just turned 23 which means he could be more. 

Just now, klos1963 said:

The player has to sign it,  right?

Just cuz the Sabres offer, doesn't mean he'll sign it.

He's asked to be traded because Ottawa won't sign him to a deal with term (think ottawa wants 2-3 years and he wants 5-7) so there is a good chance he does sign. or you can trade for him, which buffalo certainly has the assets to do.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.