Free Agent Frenzy 2024

spndnchz

So Florida is already a powerhouse, Tampa and Boston will be better next year with their new additions, Toronto continues to get better, and who knows about the rest of the bottom dwellers. 

Where does Buffalo fit in the playoff picture again? Zero chance at a top 3 finish so you add the Rangers and Carolina and hope that Detroit does not add Stamkos. Either way, I think Detroit leaps ahead of us. Two slots for 10 teams - please do something today, please?

3 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

So we're back to the 1st off-season of the Pegula era.  Lindy Ruff is coach, the GM frustrates the fans with his patience, and they futilely make offers to the most coveted FAs.  Progress from the 12 years in between.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Shane Pinto is on the market and Buffalo should find a way to make that trade

THIS!  This is seriously the only way we're going to get something interesting.  Adams doesn't have the ball to even overpay a quality player. 

19 minutes ago, HoosierDaddy said:

The Sabres will continue to pay for tanking until the team is moved. Teams like Detroit and Toronto can lose on purpose and rebound. An NHL team in a small, cold-weather, market in the United States cannot lose intentionally. Nobody wants to play in Buffalo in February, especially in an empty building on a losing team. The Sabres are in a tautology; you can't build a hockey team through the draft because NHL teams are forced to draft raw 18-year-olds, but no free agent will sign with a rebuilding team if they have other choices. So, we have to build via trades, but most good players have NTCs that most certainly always include the hockey Siberia that is Buffalo. Yes, Adams should be fired but I'm not sure what anyone can do. It feels hopeless unless one of the kids ends up being a superstar but that feels unlikely at this point.

I don't buy the weather argument - Buffalo is considerably warmer, with much longer winter days than a lot of places where pro hockey players come from. 

You refer to it as 'hockey Siberia'. Vladimir Tarasenko is literally from Siberia

I can't help but think that TP KNOWS that we need to make a big splash with at least one big name FA.

He's been losing this fan base for years now. With the release of Skinner and the additional cap space that has been added, there really is no excuse not to go hard for a Stamkos. Yes, I get it. "NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY FOR BUFFALO". But KA needs to bust his arse here and get us a big fish.

This franchise is on the brink of self destruction.

Just now, Justin C said:

I wish NHL GMs would grow a pair and make offer sheets a thing. Go offer Lundell, Panthers are up against it.

Offer Sheet Pinto, Ottawa might just take the compensation and move on. 

• Like (+1) 3