Free Agent Frenzy 2024

spndnchz

The Sabres will continue to pay for tanking until the team is moved. Teams like Detroit and Toronto can lose on purpose and rebound. An NHL team in a small, cold-weather, market in the United States cannot lose intentionally. Nobody wants to play in Buffalo in February, especially in an empty building on a losing team. The Sabres are in a tautology; you can't build a hockey team through the draft because NHL teams are forced to draft raw 18-year-olds, but no free agent will sign with a rebuilding team if they have other choices. So, we have to build via trades, but most good players have NTCs that most certainly always include the hockey Siberia that is Buffalo. Yes, Adams should be fired but I'm not sure what anyone can do. It feels hopeless unless one of the kids ends up being a superstar but that feels unlikely at this point.

• Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • dislike 3

8 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Samson the Reinharted to Buffalo to replace Skinner's 30+ goals with 50+ goals.

5 years $10.5M AAV.

Book it ..

E5

Sam Reinhart signed in Florida last night. 8yrs, 69 million. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Be ready for nothing but scraps boys and girls.  In addition, the same old song and dance.  Per Adams diarrhea rhetoric,   We tried, the cap figures didn't make sense.  We trust the process. Peyton Krebs looked really great at times as our future 3C.  We want to let our young players grow into their roles. 

Edited by Rasmus_
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, HoosierDaddy said:

Me? Just because I'm a bit down because the Sabres suck and will continue to suck? How does that make me a bot?

I actually agree with everything you said except the location of the city as a reason.... like a kid from Moose Jaw or Norway is afraid of February...  they said the same thing about the Bills... but the location isnt the issue. It is the abject long term unrelenting incompetency that this organization has become the standard bearer for. Adams blew his chance to restore credibility. Players dont want to go to a train wreck... and for that I 100% agree with you... Nothing changes until Adams is fired and a GM with a reputation comes in as well as some glimmer of legitimate hope.  Until then who wants to attach their career and livelihood to a team that is that abjectly dysfuntional and metaphorically has "Just Lose Baby" over the locker room wall during the multiple tank years. Then never improves. Aging players with names will come we will over pay them and their hope is we trade them at the deadline to a contender.... thats about it.  Then again Kane doesnt even see to be interested.

2 minutes ago, #freejame said:

That’s an overpay. Good for him. 

I haven’t seen Buffalo connected to anyone unless it’s from a local source. Seems fishy. 

Or... Buffalo isn't going after the big fishes because they got told no, so they have to hold and wait to see who else shakes lose or gets passed over. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Or... Buffalo isn't going after the big fishes because they got told no, so they have to hold and wait to see who else shakes lose or gets passed over. 

We have to get told that trash like Erik Johnson is a huge get. 

I want Shane Pinto, he's asked for a trade, he's an amazing middle six forward that fits our timeline.  Do your ***** job Kevyn "Schill" Adams. 

Edited by Rasmus_
  • Like (+1) 4

Just now, LGR4GM said:

This would be my expectation, unless the Sabres find a unicorn. The next hope is that UFA signings of top players shake a few roster players free that the Sabres can go after in a trade. It's a small hope.

Remember the old days of FA when you always looked towards the huge markets 1st for where the top players would go?

Now its the Original No Income Tax 6:

Vegas
Florida
Tampa Bay
Dallas
Nashville
Seattle

Then, look to big markets and then there are the teams that have little or no hope.

The last group clearly where the Buffalo Sabres reside. High Tax, Small Market. Drafting has to be virtually flawless and contracts given out have to be smart. Little margin for error.

Edited by Ruff Around The Edges
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, LTS said:

This would be my expectation, unless the Sabres find a unicorn. The next hope is that UFA signings of top players shake a few roster players free that the Sabres can go after in a trade. It's a small hope.

Make A Plan Hope GIF by StickerGiant