Free Agent Frenzy 2024

spndnchz

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

He probably would but that doesn't fix his on-ice follies.

Or off ice. When he was in Winnipeg, no word of a lie him and his dad created the “Jacob Trouba App”. A downloadable app dedicated entirely to Jacob Trouba 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Jarventie was one pick in front of JJ Peterka, who went 34th Overall 

The move back up to draft JJP has to be one of the best draft day moves this franchise has made in a long time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

Who are the biggest unsigned FA that are left?? Anyone a fit for us?

Daniel Sprong, Tyler Johnson, and Max Paccriocetty look like the best remaining. Sprong is basically a 3rd line version of Skinner, doesn’t make much sense. Johnson would have made sense if we didn’t add McLeod for the 3C role already. Patches would make some sense for the 6F spot, but he’s had a lot of injuries the last few years and may not ever return to form, so it’s a gamble. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

Who are the biggest unsigned FA that are left?? Anyone a fit for us?

1 hour ago, sabresparaavida said:

Daniel Sprong, Tyler Johnson, and Max Paccriocetty look like the best remaining. Sprong is basically a 3rd line version of Skinner, doesn’t make much sense. Johnson would have made sense if we didn’t add McLeod for the 3C role already. Patches would make some sense for the 6F spot, but he’s had a lot of injuries the last few years and may not ever return to form, so it’s a gamble. 

Would we really want any of those guys dressing over Benson or Zucker in a middle-six role?

Looking at the Sabres roster and their off-season moves, I can't see them having any interest in the leftovers.

They have 13 NHL forwards, 8 NHL defencemen and 3 NHL goalies, which is already over the roster limit.

I think they have pretty obviously left space for a top 6 winger if they can swing a deal for one, but that will be via trade.

If a trade or trades don't happen, maybe they sign one more depth guy just before camp to force Kulich and Rosen to crawl over somebody to be the first call-up?

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, sabresparaavida said:

Sprong is the guy you bring in if you think Benson is going to drop off drastically and nobody in Rochester is close to ready. Then he's your gap filler but then you also question why they bought out Skinner or let Olofsson walk cause he's just another guy like them. Not exactly like them but not radically different. The old guys don't interest me either.

Right now, if I'm Adams, I do nothing and wait to see what happens in arbitration. Maybe Necas (for example) gets way more than Carolina wants to pay and if so, then I make a phone call about a possible trade. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • dislike 1