2024 Development Camp

spndnchz

7 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Other notable was Sardarian.  Never heard of him before today but he scored a bunch of goals and looks pretty fast.  Will have to do some more reading on where he is projected to play next season.

He did really stand out. No idea if that means he will be good, but hard not to notice him

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Sardarian is slated to play for Northern Michigan after the last 2 years at New Hampshire. 

He transferred there but the whole coaching staff left so he is looking for a new school

Richard is a 3v3 non contact superstar. If he could ever improve his wheels he has a future.

Any word on why Leenders didn’t play net

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

Oh you guys heard me? 😂 (I kid but that would have totally been me if I was there) 

8 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I passed on going this year.  

Im losing my love …

You didn't happen to crash into a Tim Hortons a few years back did you?

Edited by GoPuckYourself
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Derrico said:

Helenius looking pretty good.  Two goals plus shootout winner in the two games.  Also some d zone breakups.

Zeimer is the guy who keeps impressing me tho.  Very fast and an excellent shot 

Zeimer is the pick I liked best from the draft for where we picked him. He has the character and potential to be a steal down the road.

• Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, shrader said:

I haven't looked at the full roster, but was he the old guy out there at this point?

D+3, so pretty much.

Costantini was a D+4 and I think van Barnekow was there (D+3 as well))

There was something really weird going on with development camp invitations this year and Adams slid past the question.

My first conspiracy theory is that the upper tier prospects are all being dangled right now and what they'd get out of camp was not worth the risk.

My 2nd is that with the late arrival of Leone and the compressed draft/UFA situation, a scaled-down camp was easier to execute.

And my final one is that Terry saved a considerable amount of cash by bringing in half the prospects who could have been there.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, dudacek said:

And my final one is that Terry saved a considerable amount of cash by bringing in half the prospects who could have been there.

That would be such a cheap thing to do.

Now that Skinner has been cut loose and the cap is once again not being weaponized I cannot eliminate the thought that it is possible.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

That would be such a cheap thing to do.

Now that Skinner has been cut loose and the cap is once again not being weaponized I cannot eliminate the thought that it is possible.

I hate to stick a pin in your "Terry is cheap" fantasies but Pegula owns the Marriott Hotel at Harborcenter. That's where the players stay. It doesn't cost him more to house more players.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I hate to stick a pin in your "Terry is cheap" fantasies but Pegula owns the Marriott Hotel at Harborcenter. That's where the players stay. It doesn't cost him more to house more players.

If you think it costs nothing to clean the room and feed the players, I’m not sure what to tell you.

Never mind the opportunity cost of giving away a room for free (if indeed that’s what happens) as opposed to actually making money renting that room to a paying customer.

Then there is flying them in, getting them to and from the airport, processing them, coaching them and teaching them.

There likely are economies of scale, but there is almost certainly an additional cost.

As for the “fantasy” of Terry being cheap, the Sabres have been among the lowest-spending teams in the league for 3 consecutive seasons - closer to the floor than the cap and are showing no signs of changing that trend.

They just pocketed $7M cutting Jeff Skinner and have not spend a cent of the resulting cap space on replacement players. They are currently $19M under the cap.

What does an owner have to do to be considered “cheap?”

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

D+3, so pretty much.

Costantini was a D+4 and I think van Barnekow was there (D+3 as well))

There was something really weird going on with development camp invitations this year and Adams slid past the question.

My first conspiracy theory is that the upper tier prospects are all being dangled right now and what they'd get out of camp was not worth the risk.

My 2nd is that with the late arrival of Leone and the compressed draft/UFA situation, a scaled-down camp was easier to execute.

My money is on your first conspiracy theory. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

If you think it costs nothing to clean the room and feed the players, I’m not sure what to tell you.

Never mind the opportunity cost of giving away a room for free (if indeed that’s what happens) as opposed to actually making money renting that room to a paying customer.

Then there is flying them in, getting them to and from the airport, processing them, coaching them and teaching them.

There likely are economies of scale, but there is almost certainly an additional cost.

As for the “fantasy” of Terry being cheap, the Sabres have been among the lowest-spending teams in the league for 3 consecutive seasons - closer to the floor than the cap and are showing no signs of changing that trend.

They just pocketed $7M cutting Jeff Skinner and have not spend a cent of the resulting cap space on replacement players. They are currently $19M under the cap.

What does an owner have to do to be considered “cheap?”

But isn't it a case of our roster is the youngest in the NHL, so many haven't hit their big contracts yet? In my mind it's not "cheap", but just a reflection of where our developing roster is at. I have no doubt TP will be spending big bucks down the road as appropriate.