2024 Development Camp

spndnchz

56 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

But we have Sabres legend Matt Ellis on the coaching staff. 😈

Matt Ellis... who played on the same team as... Datsyuk.

Notably, it's a much smaller roster this year.

2023 - 5 goalies, 13 D (2 given playoff/injury rests: Metsa, Novikov); 24 F (5 given rests: Savoie, Rosen, Weissbach, Kozak, Kulich)

Even skipping those "rest" players, this roster is lighter:

2024 - 4 goalies, 8 D, 16 F.

My favorite part of the Dev Camp roster is the growth. Gotta take it with a grain of salt, because sometimes they don't update a player's information. Case in point:

Von Barnekow -- 2023: 6-2 158#; 2024: 6-4 196#. Dude put on 38 pounds in one year.

However, some decent gains from other players:

Richard 2023: 171#, 2024: 190#.  +19#

Panocha +11#

Costantini +15#

Edited by DarthEbriate
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Hamilton was very complimentary of Helenius' skill and compete in dev camp. Said he had stood out the most. Reminded him of Benson last year. 

I’m here now and omg I love his hands and quick starts and stops.  It’s dev camp and I’ve been to enough to know not to rely on what I’m seeing today but he’s very impressive. 

Kleber looks like a monster and likes to battle but he’s fumbled a couple picks already.  Hopefully he can develop some better hands.

Zimmer looks pretty good.  Just scored a beauty.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Derrico said:

I’m here now and omg I love his hands and quick starts and stops.  It’s dev camp and I’ve been to enough to know not to rely on what I’m seeing today but he’s very impressive. 

Kleber looks like a monster and likes to battle but he’s fumbled a couple picks already.  Hopefully he can develop some better hands.

Zimmer looks pretty good.  Just scored a beauty.

Kleber def had questions about his puck handling. Harrison Brunicke, 6'3" rhd when 2 picks later and I think he's better. That said, you can't teach size. 

Ziemer fixes his skating a bit and he's got 3rd line 40pt guy written all over him. I loved what I saw of him while watching Stigga.

6 minutes ago, Derrico said:

My son is already calling Helenius the garbage man because he loves battling in front of the net and scoring the garbage goals.  Def not afraid to battle. Seeing the vision scouts talk about.  Haven’t noticed much of a shot yet. 

Love the updates. Please keep them coming. 

Helenius shot was probably his biggest weakness in his draft year. It's not bad, but needs more zip.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 7/1/2024 at 6:45 AM, LabattBlue said:

Unintentionally funny part of the release considering the teams 13 year drought…

Development Camp aims to introduce prospects to professional work habits and organizational standards.

🤣

LOL...  Welcome to prospect camp campers!!! This is where your journey of learning how to lose and still be happy begins!!! 😅

Edited by JP51
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3