2024 Development Camp

spndnchz

10 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

So why is it Detroit then? They not have round dishes in Michigan? 🙂

We definitely don't have it around here. 

Wal-Mart and Costco both sell Detroit-style pizza by the 'Motor City Pizza Co'. Of course, it's in the frozen section but it will give you an idea of the concept.

https://www.motorcitypizzacompany.com/our-products

1 hour ago, SJSabres Fan said:

Should someone change the title of this thread?

On another forum I post to, a mod would have split this into two threads:  One about camp, one about pizza.  They never do that here.

15 hours ago, Doohickie said:

It's just the style that developed in local taverns.  I wouldn't be surprised if it started with an imaginative square pan salesman.

I was joking about Lasagna before but that is how it might have started. Somebody made a pizza in a Lasagna pan and the sides of the pan allowed you to lay more stuff on top of the dough without it spilling over. 

Anything with good sauce and cheese is going to taste good regardless. 

12 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

Wal-Mart and Costco both sell Detroit-style pizza by the 'Motor City Pizza Co'. Of course, it's in the frozen section but it will give you an idea of the concept.

https://www.motorcitypizzacompany.com/our-products

Never seen it in our Costco but I will look closer just for fun. Walmart I avoid. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:
12 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

Never seen it in our Costco but I will look closer just for fun. Walmart I avoid. 

I've seen it at Costco.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I was joking about Lasagna before but that is how it might have started. Somebody made a pizza in a Lasagna pan and the sides of the pan allowed you to lay more stuff on top of the dough without it spilling over. 

Anything with good sauce and cheese is going to taste good regardless. 

Someone already posted here about how it started and the pans they used.  Go back and review.

20 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Canadian Costcos might be different. Hard to say. I love Costco, I will admit it. 

The wife just saw something that said Costco will be raising their membership fee. Yay...

Then again, it's still a better deal than a Sabres membership. 😇 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/7/2024 at 7:38 AM, LGR4GM said:

Speaking of pizza, y'all ever gone to Jays Artisan Pizza on Delaware in Kenmore? Pretty good, recommend you get there early or do takeout. 

It’s excellent.  They have a national award winning pizza, a Detroit style, which is sold in squares. They sell out almost every day because they make one batch of dough for it every morning and when it’s gone it’s gone until the next day.  

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/11/2024 at 10:03 AM, LGR4GM said:

Big fan of Picasso's pizza which is Buffalo style. 

I was deciding today between trying Picasso’s or Carbone’s for the first time today. Ended with Carbone’s which is very good.