2024 Development Camp

spndnchz

3 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

Enough waiting on things to "develop".  They been "developing" since 2012.  Need to jump-start this thing now!

Get the implants, buy the bikini and head to the pool already!

It's development camp, complain about the NHL team in one of 50 other threads about them. 

27 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Isn’t this the camp where they invite all the fringe guys for a kind of orientation to pro hockey? Prospects challenge will be when we see the other guys 

Yes. It's working with fringe, new, and development players to help them learn and see where they are at. It's a good thing to do. 

No Kulich, Rosen, Savoie, Östlund, Wahlberg, Kisakov, Komarov, Levi, Johnson, Novikov...

This is a crazy weak roster compared to what it could be.

I think it's basically only the guys who haven't got a contract yet, with the exceptions of Neuchev and Nadeau. Neuchev is the only Amerk.

Oh well, at least we might get to see the legendary Topias Leinonen for the first time.

I wonder what the rationale is?

20 minutes ago, dudacek said:

No Kulich, Rosen, Savoie, Östlund, Wahlberg, Kisakov, Komarov, Levi, Johnson, Novikov...

I think it's basically only the guys who haven't got a contract yet, with the exceptions of Neuchev and Nadeau. Neuchev is the only Amerk.

Oh well, at least we might get to see the legendary Topias Leinonen for the first time.

Probably that every player you named is on their AHL team at least, so they can wait until the prospect challenge and focus on these guys. 

I'll say this, I expect Helenius to stand out in this group. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I do not believe Kulich, Rosen or Östlund were at last year’s camp either, but that was for a playoff run for the first two and an injury for the third 

• SDS changed the title to 2024 Development Camp
23 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Why no matthew savoie or any of the other guys from Rochester ? 

Seems odd, The guys in Rochester and Savoie played the most hockey they have ever played last year and against better competition. A regular offseason is better? Dominating younger guys in this camp is not a development opportunity for them?

I think the Drafted before this year Europeans have already done this camp at least once. 

On 6/30/2024 at 1:50 PM, steveoath said:

Isn’t this the camp where they invite all the fringe guys for a kind of orientation to pro hockey? Prospects challenge will be when we see the other guys 

Not traditionally I don’t think, but I could be wrong 

On 6/30/2024 at 2:19 PM, dudacek said:

It used to be almost all the prospects, correct? 

Edited by Thorny

8 hours ago, Thorny said:

Not traditionally I don’t think, but I could be wrong 

It used to be almost all the prospects, correct? 

Yes, but that was when they used to do it in late July.

A lot of the prospects not here have been playing with Rochester, Buffalo until April/May or in a few specific cases their Juniors team until early June.

One other caveat is that I'd guess Adams had intentions of trading a prospect potentially and didn't want to have them in town and then trade one out of camp.

Edited by thewookie1
  • Like (+1) 1