Rumor: There has been word that teams don’t want to deal with Buffalo

Buffalonill

3 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Savoie could be great, he could be good, he could be meh.

McLeod could be good, he could be meh.

We get it, overpay. I guess we'll have to assume Kevyn and Lindy have a plan of attack. I'll tell you this much, I feel much better with an NHL proven, experienced coach working with Adams as opposed to the last bunch.

I’ve been saying this for years.  A proven and experienced NHL Coach is needed by Adams for roster help.  In Buffalo’s case it was not just for his knowledge and experience, but also for credibility.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I’ve been saying this for years.  A proven and experienced NHL Coach is needed by Adams for roster help.  In Buffalo’s case it was not just for his knowledge and experience, but also for credibility.  

I’m sceptical. Indications seem to be that these moves have been analytics driven (speed, speed, speed). I’m not saying Ruff hasn’t had input, but I don’t see these as Ruff moves. Put another way, if these roster moves fail, I doubt many will be blaming Ruff. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

9 hours ago, Archie Lee said:

I’m sceptical. Indications seem to be that these moves have been analytics driven (speed, speed, speed). I’m not saying Ruff hasn’t had input, but I don’t see these as Ruff moves. Put another way, if these roster moves fail, I doubt many will be blaming Ruff. 

Ruff is involved.   No way he isn’t.  Some of the moves will turn out better than others.  Adam’s and Ruff should be accountable either way, like on all teams.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

10 hours ago, Archie Lee said:

Ruff is very much into analytics and always has been. These moves have Ruff input written all over them

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

39 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Ruff is very much into analytics and always has been. These moves have Ruff input written all over them

I don't doubt this and am not of the view that Ruff has no input into the roster build that is occurring.  There is a pretty clear narrative forming though, that if this is successful the credit will go to Ruff and if it fails the blame will go to Adams.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 hours ago, 7+6=13 said:

There's no question Lindy's influence is all over this off season.  He's a man to be trusted too.  He knows players as well as anyone, GM or coach.  

But, it's not like Adams hasn't tried to accommodate his coach in the past either.  Krueger wanted Hall & got Hall. 

How many current Sabres had been coached by Granato when they were younger.

Now, Adams brings in guys that fit what Ruff wants to be doing.  That was pretty much a given, that he'd try to do that.  Nice to see he's succeeding on that front.  (At least to a seemingly significant degree.  We don't know who he tried to get but couldn't land.  But he's landed an appreciable quantity of players & there's still runway left before they leave for Europe.)

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Taro T said:

But, it's not like Adams hasn't tried to accommodate his coach in the past either.  Krueger wanted Hall & got Hall. 

Now, Adams brings in guys that fit what Ruff wants to be doing.  That was pretty much a given, that he'd try to do that.  Nice to see he's succeeding on that front.  (At least to a seemingly significant degree.  We don't know who he tried to get but couldn't land.  But he's landed an appreciable quantity of players & there's still runway left before they leave for Europe.)

Really like this post and I agree.  I haven't gone through a thorough comparison but it feels like he did less for Granato and Krueger vs Ruff.  So agreeing that KA has tried to accommodate coaches to some degree, I'm of the opinion he's doing more because Ruff knows better what to do than previous coaches.  There seems to be a trust and simpatico situation developing.  It could be that KA is feeling that for the first time and hence a we're seeing a more aggressive KA.  

I also believe the timing is right for bigger moves, where I'm not sure it was until now.  

It's for this reason, I loved the Ruff hire, far beyond nostalgia.

Ruff took the job on the condition that the makeup of the roster would include capable veterans with playoff experience. Many on the board have been asking for the same for a while now. You can only achieve so much with kiddies and vets beyond their usefullness. IMO.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

He got Hall cuz he was feelin' his Oates.

Hall And Oates GIF by John Oates

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

Granato wanted Greenway and Clifton 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.