Rumor: There has been word that teams don’t want to deal with Buffalo

Buffalonill

9 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Anyone got any ideas why buffalo has been blackballed? 

I wouldn’t say they’re blacklisted just because Peters had an alleged phone call. Don’t even know who the caller was or their type of access. 

If I was a GM I’d love to deal with Buffalo. Inexperienced GM who doesn’t know which way is up. No better opportunity to fleece an opponent.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Flashsabre said:

Pegula, a GM with no front office experience. The incompetence of 13 years with no playoffs.

These are all reason for other teams to want to deal with Buffalo IMO.

Just now, RangerDave said:

In a sense, Adams has already said this.  How many times has he said he tried to make a deal, but could not get it done?  Must be the other teams not wanting to deal.

Or KA asks for too much because he thinks his players are better than they are.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I'd say a grand assertion like that needs a little more detail and substance to be taken seriously. 

However, if it is true, my thought would be that GMs don't want to waste their time negotiating and then have to ask players for their 10 team lists etc. and finding out Buffalo is on it so waste of time. Either that or they don't want to punish their own guys (and thus alienate their friends on the team) by sending them to the wasteland. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, RangerDave said:

Maybe that's why they don't want to deal with him?  He overvalues his product?

If, and that’s a big IF, this is true I wouldn’t be surprised. Everyone knows KA is on the hot seat. He can’t go into next season with a similar roster. GMs should want to deal with him because he should kind of be desperate to reimage this team.

But their patience will run out if they constantly have the same infantile conversation. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Darryl Shannon's +/- said:

Ha, if you are viewed as incompetent by the rest of the nhl you'd assume kevyn would need a deli ticket system to deal with all of the calls.

I.could understand players with NTCs, but not GMs.

If there were 8 GM’s sitting around a table playing poker with no available seats and KA showed up they would all make room and pull up a chair for him. I think Peters is full of sh!t.

• Like (+1) 2

I'd use the Risto deal as the possible example.

Everybody knows he won that one big time. Buffalo and Philly fans all agree on that. But Fletcher was desperate for a big D man so he made the overpay in picks. Adams took it obviously. Perhaps now he's unwilling to go the opposite way and do the overpay to get the player. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, SDS said:

So now we’re accusing all of the other GM’s of being incompetent too? Because now they are neglecting to entertain offers that may improve their own team to fit in narrative that Kevyn sucks? 🙄

I don’t read it that way necessarily.  If KA uses up alot of your time and energy buy won’t budge on demands to move a deal along, I could see GMs being less willing to work with him.

Do I believe that Arizona willingly chose to accept less because Adams?  No, I don’t.

• Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'd use the Risto deal as the possible example.

Everybody knows he won that one big time. Buffalo and Philly fans all agree on that. But Fletcher was desperate for a big D man so he made the overpay in picks. Adams took it obviously. Perhaps now he's unwilling to go the opposite way and do the overpay to get the player. 

I think you were right with your earlier assertion about NTC/NMC. I’m guessing GMs don’t want to ask about Buffalo or ask if players are willing to waive. 

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

So now we’re accusing all of the other GM’s of being incompetent too? Because now they are neglecting to entertain offers that may improve their own team to fit in narrative that Kevyn sucks? 🙄

As said above, I think it’s a consequence of NMC/NTCs and GMs not willing to lean on players to get them to waive. Which, honestly, is probably good practice for GMs since they deal with the same agents for multiple players and you don’t want to risk blowback.

If anything, the NMC/NTC hurdle theory supports other GMs being competent. In fact, it explains a lot. Occam’s razor.

• Like (+1) 2