Official Sabres buying out Jeff Skinner

Brawndo

8 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I wouldn't have bought out Skinner until next summer. Lowers the cap penalty and you get another year for the young guys to develop. If Adams doesn't use the cap saving, this move was trash. You now need 30g and 30a replaced plus you need add to that total overall. 

And this move turned out to be ***** as expected 🙂

24 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

And this move turned out to be ***** as expected 🙂

He doesn't fit in the top 6 (would rather have Benson on Cozens line than Skinner) & seeing what they just did to reshape the bottom 6, he sure as #### doesn't fit on the bottom 6.  Would've been fine keeping him 1 more year, but they obviously didn't see a fit for him & having a $9MM F sitting in the pressbox waiting for a top 6 injury doesn't exactly scream healthy team dynamics.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Taro T said:

He doesn't fit in the top 6 (would rather have Benson on Cozens line than Skinner) & seeing what they just did to reshape the bottom 6, he sure as #### doesn't fit on the bottom 6.  Would've been fine keeping him 1 more year, but they obviously didn't see a fit for him & having a $9MM F sitting in the pressbox waiting for a top 6 injury doesn't exactly scream healthy team dynamics.

I don't mind the bottom line's thing being that they are fast and hit stuff, whilst being a bit rubbish doing anything else. It gives Lindy a tool to wield.

That said, the third line feels a bit like the spare-part line. Krebs and Greenway are closer to fourth liners than decent third liners. And Zucker is fine but doesn't have a thing he does particularly well.

I'd rather have Benson - Cozens - Quinn be our defensively responsible wild card third line, and then have Skinner and two other players as our second line.

15 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I wouldn't have bought out Skinner until next summer. Lowers the cap penalty and you get another year for the young guys to develop. If Adams doesn't use the cap saving, this move was trash. You now need 30g and 30a replaced plus you need add to that total overall. 

Or not be down 3-0 early in the first period for half the games.

• Like (+1) 1