Night Train

3 minutes ago, seer775 said:

We need 3 centers minimum.

2C - Monahan

3C - Stephenson

4C - Jost

Then, imo, a goalie

1B - Samsonov

Then the icing would be to deal Samuelsson and get a Dman.

Top 4 D - Montour.

Jost over Krebs? Where is Cozens? Montour coming back here?? Samsonov over Levi when Levi had better numbers on a worse team?

This is quite the plan and I don’t understand any of it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RochesterExpat said:

Jost over Krebs? Where is Cozens? Montour coming back here?? Samsonov over Levi when Levi had better numbers on a worse team?

This is quite the plan and I don’t understand any of it.

Krebs sucks. Cozens on the Wing. Montour naw, lol, we screwed that up when we traded him. Levi needs more time to cook in the AHL before we throw 40 shots a game at the NHL level at him.

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

Nothing personal, but I'm tired of hearing this every year. Sure he "tried", he better have "tried" but succeeding is what makes a good GM. 

Utah and L.A. are better teams than they were after the draft day deals. At the moment, we are not a better team than we were. We just have more prospects.

Or my favorite:

”Who are they supposed to trade for? Nobody is available.” 

Nobody ever seems to be available for Kevyn Adams. Might as well hold all prospects one more year! 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, RochesterExpat said:

Are the Buffalo Sabres objectively better right now than they were a week ago? Did buying out Jeff Skinner and trading for Beck Malenstyn move the needle? If it did, was it even in a positive direction?

GMKA has a lot of work to do this FA. And, frankly, if other GMs don’t want to trade with you, it’s time to go scorched earth. Offer sheet Anton Lundell or Quinton Byfield. If those bridges aren’t open, burning them doesn’t change anything.

I'll say they are better but they have a coach and Quinn didn't tear any muscles over the draft weekend 

They need a 3C more than anything else in free agency 

you get that and another 4th liner (William Carrier) and , no it's not great, but they have a chance 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I'll say they are better but they have a coach and Quinn didn't tear any muscles over the draft weekend 

They need a 3C more than anything else in free agency 

you get that and another 4th liner (William Carrier) and , no it's not great, but they have a chance 

They got a 3c. They drafted Helenius...

*ducks again*

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

*ducks again*

Having him and Kulich, they don't need to sign anyone to a long term contract.   They can over-pay Stephenson  (for example) 

think we have to get comfortable with the fact that one of Benson or Savoie will be a top 6 player this season and the other 3rd line winger. 

23 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

*ducks again*

Serious question.  Do you see an O’Reilly type player in him?  I really like what little I’ve seen and read and believe he’s got a skill set we need albeit down the road a ways. (Thinking not as far as his age might suggest).  

Edited by Mr Peabody

17 minutes ago, Mr Peabody said:

Serious question.  Do you see an O’Reilly type player in him?  I really like what little I’ve seen and read and believe he’s got a skill set we need albeit down the road a ways. (Thinking not as far as his age might suggest).  

If you mean a good 2way forward with say 25g and 35a, yes. 

• Thanks (+1) 2

9 hours ago, RochesterExpat said:

Are the Buffalo Sabres objectively better right now than they were a week ago? Did buying out Jeff Skinner and trading for Beck Malenstyn move the needle? If it did, was it even in a positive direction?

GMKA has a lot of work to do this FA. And, frankly, if other GMs don’t want to trade with you, it’s time to go scorched earth. Offer sheet Anton Lundell or Quinton Byfield. If those bridges aren’t open, burning them doesn’t change anything.

Beck Malenstyn will do more for Sabres than Skinner at this point on 3rd Line. Also now have Greenway for 3rd or 4th line and Rousek as possible 4th line Center. Krebs is Done I think

3rd Line   Malenstyn  Laughton C   Benson

4th Line Greenway   Rousek C   Savoie

• Vomit 1

3 hours ago, Mr Peabody said:

I think he can be a 50p player in NHL. I am pretty sure about it even. But playing as a 3C next year, no, then we can kiss playoff goodbye. Lundell took the 3C spot in Florida his first season, they made the playoffs (think for the first time in a while), and you know the rest. The difference is Lundell was a year older and came to a team with Barkov and Bennett as centers on first and second line.

But Lundell and Helenius both has the responsible two way game and smartness, why I made the compere 

• Like (+1) 2

Get Top 6 Winger from; Kane FA 1st choice, 1 year Contract $8 mil

Trades if you want long term,  1st Choice  Bennett,  Mariner, Connor, Nick Foligno

Tuch    Tage    Kane/Bennett/Foligno

Quinn  Cozens  Peterka

Malenstyn  Laughton/Kulich   Benson

Greenway  Rousek  Savoie

Dahlin  Power

Bo Bynam  Ryan Johnson

Samuelson  Joki/Clifton/Bryson, trade someone

9 hours ago, Night Train said:

2-3 more forwards. By FA or trade. 

Top 6 Forward   Kane, Bennett, Nick Foligno, Mitch Mariner, Kyle Connor

3rd Line Center   Laughton,  maybe Kulich or Benson, Adam Henrique

All the room we have without moving Greenway. 2-3 Amerks are coming to Sabres unless we Start Trading them away

I see Savoie, Rousek, Kulich and Randy Johnson possibly coming

Did I really need to say Levi

Alexander Wennberg would be my choice for 3C. I would love Pesce to round out our top 4, but he would be expensive and the Devils are strongly linked to him.

Peterka - Thompson - Tuch

XXX - Cozens - XXX

Benson - Wennberg - Quinn

Greenway - Krebs - Malenstyn

Savoie / Rousek / Kulich as the thirteenth forward

I think overpaying a youngish player for 2-3 years is the best option - they can double dip free agency when the cap has gone up and still make a decent amount of a short contract with the Sabres