Sabres Pick 172 Michigan State Defenseman Patrick Geary

Brawndo

• SDS pinned this topic
6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

He's a 20yr old overager with meh ncaa stats. He might want to be on Rochester some day. 

Or your typical 6th rounder. A 6th rounders chance of having a good nhl career is about 7%. 

I did like the last pick of the goalie. Not sure why he lasted to the 7th round. As we know Levi was a 7th rounder 

18 hours ago, Taro T said:

Eh, would rather have a local kid being the one we're hoping defies the odds and makes it to the show than one from somewhere else all things being equal.

Conspiracy theorists might suggest that drafting Geary was a method to shut his on air relation (not sure if Nate is his cousin/uncle/or whatever) up as he was highly critical of the Sabres throughout the draft. I’m sure it’s just coincidental. 😎

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, inkman said:

Conspiracy theorists might suggest that drafting Geary was a method to shut his on air relation (not sure if Nate is his cousin/uncle/or whatever) up as he was highly critical of the Sabres throughout the draft. I’m sure it’s just coincidental. 😎

Oh yeah, sure. Nate Geary's criticisms are devastating. 🙄

6 hours ago, inkman said:

Actually they are second cousins