Sabres Draft Pick #123: Simon-Pier Brunet, 6'2" RHD

LGR4GM

• LGR4GM changed the title to Sabres Draft Pick #123: Simon-Pier Brunet, 6'2" RHD

"Brunet motors up and down the ice with a sound skating posture for a player of his 6-foot-2 size. With his skating and reach, he denies space from the opposition, closes on them in transition, and guards the front of the net. Attackers can’t go through him. He walls them off from high-danger areas. -EliteProspects 2024 NHL Draft Guide"

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/660791/simon-pier-brunet

Grit, physical, closers, plays well in tight spaces sounds like the theme. Are we now drafting for what we couldn't/didn't trade for?

Should have been doing a little of this previous draft years and you would have that with the previous drafts coming of age instead of the holy grail quest Kevin is on. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, R_Dudley said:

Grit, physical, closers, plays well in tight spaces sounds like the theme. Are we now drafting for what we couldn't/didn't trade for?

Should have been doing a little of this previous draft years and you would have that with the previous drafts coming of age instead of the holy grail quest Kevin is on. 

Last years draft was like this also.   Not disagreeing with you, just adding that it seems like it was last year that there was a bit of a mindset change.

• Like (+1) 1

• SDS pinned this topic

At first glance I thought the name was Simon Pure Burnet.

Simon Pure was a very cheap WNY local beer.   I remember my buddies and I buying it on sale for 99 cents a six pack, back in the mid 70's.   You just needed a buck, and then find a nickel somewhere to cover the 6 cent tax, and you have a watery and tasteless 6 pack of beer.  But it was beer. 

By contrast sale prices for Genny was about $1.39, Labatt's Blue about $1.79, and Molson's Golden Ale $1.99.   

image.png.ba0975db4eba13b97670f01d84445f75.png

• Like (+1) 1