Worst day to be a Sabres fan?

PASabreFan

Worst day to be a Sabres fan?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Worst day to be a Sabres fan?

• Deadline Day
    • Draft Day
    • Free Agent Day

In the spirit of the ask, I’ll say deadline day.  That is the day you learn whether the team is mailing it in, running with what they have, or going for it.  After 14 years of watching the team sell at the deadline I get pretty ***** ornery at the happenings on deadline day.

#2 is Free Agent day, for similar reasons, but there is still some level of inherent optimism because a fresh nee season is still yet to begin.

Draft day is still a day of relative optimism.  Shiny new toys that haven’t displayed their warts to us yet.

Ya Black Sunday was sort of a special case. I guess because it was inverted, we actually had a great team (best I’ve seen), and of course watching it fall apart so quickly was very painful. 

But like I said, special case. None of these last few days are in the running. Was that why the thread resurfaced? The offseason is generally a fun time, imo. Even with lack of significant action there’s a lot of good discussion 

2006 playoffs, losing to Carolina in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference playoffs when almost all (or all?) our defensemen were injured or sick, and we went into the third period up by a goal.  Lost by one, and then the Hurricanes played the lousy Oilers for the Cup and won easily.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Alaska John said:

2006 playoffs, losing to Carolina in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference playoffs when almost all (or all?) our defensemen were injured or sick, and we went into the third period up by a goal.  Lost by one, and then the Hurricanes played the lousy Oilers for the Cup and won easily.

That was a bad moment. There's been lots of bad moments, but I think the lowest of the low has to be when Lucic ran over Miller. Lucic basically broke the franchise. That sounds silly, but look at the results from there on. We have been bad ever since. We lost all the mojo we had and we have never gotten it back. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Thorny said:

Ya Black Sunday was sort of a special case. I guess because it was inverted, we actually had a great team (best I’ve seen), and of course watching it fall apart so quickly was very painful. 

But like I said, special case. None of these last few days are in the running. Was that why the thread resurfaced? The offseason is generally a fun time, imo. Even with lack of significant action there’s a lot of good discussion 

I think the intent of the thread was more general, as opposed to specific events. Do you find draft day, deadline day or FA day to be the worst day to be a Sabres fan.

See my reply above.

Edited by Weave
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Weave said:

I think the intent of the thread was more general, as opposed to specific events. Do you find draft day, deadline day or FA day to be the worst day to be a Sabres fan.

See my reply above.

Oh ok 

None of the above 

12 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

That was a bad moment. There's been lots of bad moments, but I think the lowest of the low has to be when Lucic ran over Miller. Lucic basically broke the franchise. That sounds silly, but look at the results from there on. We have been bad ever since. We lost all the mojo we had and we have never gotten it back. 

You're absolutely right.  The Sabres started that season on a roll and then collapsed after the Lucic assault.  I think the Sabres all looked at each other and said, boy we suck if we can't stand up for our great goalie on a play like that.  And it's been mediocrity and disappointment ever since.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.