Sabres Draft Pick 71 Brody Ziemer RW

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Discuss

He's a 5'11" 196lb player that needs improved skating and hands. Great instincts with the puck and lots of good checking and physical details. He's probably a 3rd line guy if he makes it. 

Just now, Carmel Corn said:

Is this guy several years away or is he sturdy enough to leapfrog some of our other older (but lighter) prospects (ex. Rosen, Östlund, etc.)?

At least 2 years in college

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Yeah.  All picks are 2+ years away. Is Baker trying to sound smarter than he actually is?

Structuring your team around “development spacing” is like structuring your Star Wars movie around the taxation of trade routes 

10 minutes ago, jsb said:

5’11 195lb is small at 18yo????

Shhhh.  Let him keep his false narrative going 🙂

8 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Would you trade Kevin Hayes for Brayden Point? One is big the other is not. Size

There are those on here that would make that trade 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Structuring your team around “development spacing” is like structuring your Star Wars movie around the taxation of trade routes 

Isn't development spacing implied by draft year?

Or rather, development spacing is implied in our mandate.

• Haha (+1) 1

I like that our last 2 players selected have physical traits, much like the player we picked up in the deal with the Caps, they are emphasizing that we need to get more physical but the thing I don't like is that we waited this long to get these types of players but baby steps I guess. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I like that our last 2 players selected have physical traits, much like the player we picked up in the deal with the Caps, they are emphasizing that we need to get more physical but the thing I don't like is that we waited this long to get these types of players but baby steps I guess. 

I'm sure Lindy had some say in this. The last several Sabres coaches were all yes men. Thank God for Lindy Ruff. Not sure he'll take the Sabres to the promised land as HC, but at least he knows your team needs to get tougher in this league.

• Agree 2