Sabres Draft Pick 42: Adam Kleber Defenseman 6’5” 207 Ibs

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Sabres Draft Pick 42: Adam Kleber Defenseman 6’5” 207 Ibs

Kleber is 

"With agility, reach, and details, Kleber’s a formidable defender. He angles opponents to the outside and times his pokes just as they expose the puck. He has the range to switch between high, low, and off-puck coverage with ease. He’s physical, yet rarely chases or ends up in the box. -EliteProspects 2024 NHL Draft Guide"

I have only watched him a little but he is better Samuelsson because he's got better and quicker edges. I think he might have more offense too but he's got a couple years in college to figure things out. Good pick, his consolidated was 56 but still solid at 42. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 5

42 minutes ago, Curt said:

Before the draft, I made a list of guys who were young for the draft year, and also had characteristics that I felt made them “playoff guys”.  It was 30-something guys long.  Kleber was on that list.

This is funny, but this guy wasn’t actually on my list.  I felt so sure that he was but I was wrong.  Just because he isn’t young enough though.  He is still a physical beast.

• Thanks (+1) 1