Fire Kevyn Adams

Buffalonill

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

who the f did he get????

Look what the competition did. How are we moving up on that with what we added????

Bruins managed Lindholm AND Zadorov.  

I'm not going to go back through game day threads but I feel like you were quite vocal about the lack of any "grit" on this team.   That's exactly what they got. 

I love big Z.  Wanted him back prior to last season but those type of players just aren't signing for the Buffalo.  Need to get the playoff monkey off our back and things might change 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

I'm not going to go back through game day threads but I feel like you were quite vocal about the lack of any "grit" on this team.   That's exactly what they got. 

I love big Z.  Wanted him back prior to last season but those type of players just aren't signing for the Buffalo.  Need to get the playoff monkey off our back and things might change 

Ya, I said this on one of the threads. The 4th line he assembled looks more like a typical NHL 4th line now and not a mish mash of fading rejects but the roster as a whole isn't any better than it was. Teams around us got better. Some substantially better. We have money. Unless we get a late bargain this is a bust. 

• Agree 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Ya, I said this on one of the threads. The 4th line he assembled looks more like a typical NHL 4th line now and not a mish mash of fading rejects but the roster as a whole isn't any better than it was. Teams around us got better. Some substantially better. We have money. Unless we get a late bargain this is a bust. 

Yep summer isn't over yet but this team is much better now. From coaching through to roster from where it ended the season 

they now look like a balanced team 

though, I'd love to see one more addition to the top 6 by trading one or two prospects and next years 1st if need be.    
let's see who has serious cap issues and  find a trade partner 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 6/30/2024 at 2:25 PM, mjd1001 said:

Agreed. Will Adams even make it through this year, who knows. But Eichel for sure, probably Reinhart, and Mountour were likely to not be staying here whether it was Adams as GM or Botts or anyone else before them or most new hires. They were likely going to be out of Buffalo. Its unfair to me to Judge the current roster of this team now than what the team would be with those guys on it....and again, I'm pretty sure all of them (most of them for sure) wouldn't be here and that was/is not Adams fault.

No Eichel told Friedman he only asked out after Adams made it clear he wanted to rebuild

you can say Jack was straight up lying, but that would have to be your argument 

21 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

661ed294a5571.image.jpg?resize=990,660

it’s not fair on my part. I know it isn’t. But my guy is just the king of derp looks.

Shave that melon down, Kevyn.

‘Vyn Diesel.

IMG_4444.thumb.webp.21e78bff113ce66a005fde0ade4caf55.webp

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 hours ago, tom webster said:

Demand is less then we believe. None of our prospects that are not currently in the NHL are considered star quality. Every NHL team has someone like them, Buffalo just has more of them.  If KA was willing to package three or four of them he'd likely get a taker from a team ready to go full rebuild. He isn't.  He  could also easily trade Benson, Quinn, JJP or Owen but he rightfully will not do it.

Which is *exactly what I’ve been trying to…scratch that, the literal words I’ve said for 5 years*

Teams get a free 7 draft picks *every year*. Yes, the Sabres are “definitely going to get a gOod pLaYeR at 14. EVERYONE gets a good player. You simply do not make up the ground you need to with a purely draft and develop approach 

this is the bed Adams made. Gotta lie in it 

• Like (+1) 3

On 11/15/2023 at 12:02 PM, Thorny said:

Being a *good drafter* matters. Having the deepest *prospect pool* known to man matters little. 

the biggest elephant in the room people somehow don’t grasp is that…there’s a draft every single year lol. Like, every year, get this: the league just…gives out 7 free draft picks to every team! Like, just for free! 

when you are a team like the Buffalo Sabres, and you are constantly measuring your timeline to competitiveness in multiple years.. all the other teams, that need *so much less* from their prospect pools due to the strength of their actual roster, have *multiple years* to cobble together the replacement prospects they need, from the free draft picks dolled out, again, every single year. 

do you know how hard it is to make up ground just by endlessly fortifying your prospect pool, like we do? Other teams are making picks over that long time frame, too lol. And they require so much less from them. (Strengthen goalie by team D? How bout strengthen prospect pool by strong nhl roster. That’s the secret: needing less from your young kids. Easier for them to find success.)

It is no good pooling a bunch of excess prospects, you don’t make up ground by the *few* that squeeze through the compression to get in to the league every year, there aren’t enough spots, your benefit is squandered willingly.

The strength of a deep pool is in its use as *currency*. If you don’t use it for that, you aren’t going to make up ground. If you don’t want to GM, you won’t have a good team.

On 12/17/2023 at 4:04 PM, Thorny said:

Agree. Draft picks and prospects are very overrated. These kids are more talented than ever, and more talented than ever right out of the gate: teams get a free 7 draft picks *every season*. Even drafting well you gain little ground vs the Net talent increase, league wide, every draft. A GM has to craft a team, not just run a prospect assembly line. 

On 2/7/2024 at 10:16 AM, Thorny said:

Can’t just sit around and draft and develop while twiddling your thumbs: other teams get a free 7 draft picks, every year, too.

can look to make tiny relative gains year over year on that front, which is a challenge in itself, and even if you do, it’s compared against the chasm we are already behind. A manager has to actually do other things, construct a team, not essentially run a real-life version of online GM simulator video game mode. 

Now we are saying Adams can’t swing a deal because everyone else has prospects 

well no shite 

Edited by Thorny

2 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

Fire the owner.

It’s hard to say if it does, but if an internal cap exists, Adams is essentially an extension of Terry and you are right, it would all stem from him and we’d likely need a change at the very top and down to find success 

• Agree 3

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

How hot will Adams' seat get if this team stumbles out of the gate?

If we are a hockey team in the nhl, hot, but I’d bet he gets the full year before being fired. 

if we are on an internal cap, im not sure his job is in jeopardy as he may be handpicked with both under the full knowledge they are playing by different rules 

6 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Yep summer isn't over yet but this team is much better now. From coaching through to roster from where it ended the season 

they now look like a balanced team 

though, I'd love to see one more addition to the top 6 by trading one or two prospects and next years 1st if need be.    
let's see who has serious cap issues and  find a trade partner 

That is a huge overly optimistic statement. Compared to most of the teams we have to move past to get in, we did less. A lot less. Relatively speaking the gap is wider now imo, not narrower. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I’ve received my fair share of negative emojis on my KA statements but I just don’t think he’s what this team needs.

The organization hired a very experienced coach after two failed newbie attempts. How many inexperienced GMs does it take to realize you need experience behind the GM wheel?

I think his moves to revamp the fourth line are ok but are they worth the AAV he gave? Are we really going with Benson at 2LW and Krebs at 3C? 

12 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

How hot will Adams' seat get if this team stumbles out of the gate?

At this point i'm fairly certain nobody of quality will want to come here as a GM.  I don't love the job he's doing but it seems like he's a GM with a hand tied behind his back, and managing an organization with one of the worst reputations in the league.  Eichel and Lehner did the team no favors on their exits, and we are probably on like every limited no trade list in the league.  So unfortunately they seem bound by the slow rebuild and actually using all the extra picks and prospects they've acquired.  At this point all that's done is create a logjam for limited spots.  

They weren't far off 2 years ago, and coaching can make a big difference in the NHL.  I don't see how the team on paper is better than a year ago, but not on-paper you get... quinn to start the season with camp, benson quinn JJP power all a year further along in development where you start to see more significant production jumps, Tage/Cozens coming off pretty poor seasons with a new coach hopefully infusing some life into them again, some really solid defensemen, and young goalies who have begun to come into their own.  3C and another scoring winger would have really helped though, they have been needing someone for tough draws since Lazar, and they didn't really do much to replace Skinner's production.  It wouldn't shock me if that 3C spot is open for business too if they can't find someone.  Krebs hasn't made a jump, and Kulich/Savoie at the very least deserve a shot to replace him.  

It wouldn't shock me if the team made the playoffs, and it wouldn't shock me if they were terrible.  

3 minutes ago, Drag0nDan said:

At this point i'm fairly certain nobody of quality will want to come here as a GM

I think the next GM of the Sabres is already here and his name is Lindy Ruff.

Think about it.  If the team plays hard but is again falls short because of an incomplete roster, TP "elevates" his yes man Adams to some made up post, he then elevates Ruff to GM and Appert to HC.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN