Fire Kevyn Adams

Buffalonill

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We have 2 top defensemen in Dahlin and Power. We have UPL and Levi in goal. We have Thompson, Tuch, Cozens, JJ Peterka, Qunn, Benson and Kulich coming up. Are you saying that's trash?

Did we have playoffs with this players? This is the answer.

I don't want players from first draft picks...We all want "NEW LEVEL" and results!

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

661ed294a5571.image.jpg?resize=990,660

it’s not fair on my part. I know it isn’t. But my guy is just the king of derp looks.

Shave that melon down, Kevyn.

‘Vyn Diesel.

He needs to stop his smiling….put on a game face (if he even has one) and stop acting like he’s the head of a country club.  His demeanor makes it hard for me to take him serious.

Seriously though…if he continues to “try” but not succeed in changing this team….there is no choice but to fire him….get somebody who can close a deal.  Not a fan of participation trophies….but Pegula won’t do this.

Edited by Carmel Corn
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You didn't answer my question. What is preventing NHL GMs from dealing with Adams? You brought that up.

Hell if I know. What I do know is he isn't improving the team as needed. 

You obviously have no problem with his approach. That is, you think he's not getting deals done because he doesn't see them fit. 

I think he's incapable. Simple as that. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Berg said:

Did we have playoffs with this players? This is the answer.

I don't want players from first draft picks...We all want "NEW LEVEL" and results!

You act like certain players mean certain results. Things change, players can change, nothing is written in stone. Do you watch any other hockey besides the Sabres? Have you seen players suddenly get it? Teams coming together at the right time? That's sports. It's not a video game with player scores that never change.

2 minutes ago, stinky finger said:

Hell if I know. What I do know is he isn't improving the team as needed. 

You obviously have no problem with his approach. That is, you think he's not getting deals done because he doesn't see them fit. 

I think he's incapable. Simple as that. 

I just got to a point where making myself miserable over teams felt pointless.

• Haha (+1) 1

Whether you like our prior rebuild GMs or not, at least they were able to use assets to bring in talent to the organization.

Jbot acquired Skinner and Montour

TM acquired Kane, Lehner and ROR

We can argue the viability of the deals or the timing of those deals, but at least they took a risk and tried to improve their NHL rosters.  What's KA done?

• Like (+1) 8

26 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You act like certain players mean certain results. Things change, players can change, nothing is written in stone. Do you watch any other hockey besides the Sabres? Have you seen players suddenly get it? Teams coming together at the right time? That's sports. It's not a video game with player scores that never change.

I just got to a point where making myself miserable over teams felt pointless.

Probably a good place to be. Maybe I can get there. 

What I fear is apathy. 

7 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Hard to believe this is true considering he has the best prospect pool in the NHL which he drafted and that's after promoting the best ones out of them to the NHL roster already. Most GM's would probably give their left nut to have our prospect pool.

Could be. Would they take the record that goes along with that? 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Hard to believe this is true considering he has the best prospect pool in the NHL which he drafted and that's after promoting the best ones out of them to the NHL roster already. Most GM's would probably give their left nut to have our prospect pool.

Is this actually true at all? They don’t seem to be clamoring over our prospects. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Whether you like our prior rebuild GMs or not, at least they were able to use assets to bring in talent to the organization.

We can argue the viability of the deals or the timing of those deals, but at least they took a risk and tried to improve their NHL rosters.  What's KA done?

Murray was terrible. JBot terrible. Adam’s so far is terrible. 

No way to sugarcoat any of it. 

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

I have this concern.  Is KA refusing to move them, or is demand for them less than we believe?

You saw Kulich, Rosen and Savioe last year in the longest tryout in NHL history. They are not ready

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

You saw Kulich, Rosen and Savioe last year in the longest tryout in NHL history. They are not ready

Not ready, or not widely seen as valuable commodities?

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

No question, but wouldn’t you like to see someone like ROR signing with the Sabres today or being acquired in trade?

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Weave said:

I have this concern.  Is KA refusing to move them, or is demand for them less than we believe?

Demand is less then we believe. None of our prospects that are not currently in the NHL are considered star quality. Every NHL team has someone like them, Buffalo just has more of them.  If KA was willing to package three or four of them he'd likely get a taker from a team ready to go full rebuild. He isn't.  He  could also easily trade Benson, Quinn, JJP or Owen but he rightfully will not do it.

• Agree 3

12 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I guess we have to hope the "young talent" eye is there.  The eichel trade has been... fine.  You can do a lot worse than Alex Tuch, but i wish krebs were better, Östlund who knows if he ever suits up here.  I think the Levi trade though has to be the big one to getting this team over the hump into contender status.  

On 6/30/2024 at 1:10 AM, Brawndo said:

The NHL particularly the Board of Governors won’t stand for that. Revenues are dramatically increasing throughout the league and the Sabres are one of the teams that are preventing them from going higher. Large numbers of unsold tickets night after night is unsettling to the higher revenue teams who have to share with the Sabres. Being in the bottom five teams in actual dollars spent on salaries over the past few seasons hasn’t gone unnoticed either.

Arizona, the Senators Ownership Situation and to a lesser extent the Sabres futility were on the NHL’s Radar. Two of the three have been resolved, the final one is coming into focus.

Another season of missing the playoffs means the NHL would suggest putting an experienced person into a position of power in the organization, much like they did with Toronto and Brendan Shanahan. Before everyone gets too excited remember Pierre Dorion and Peter Chiarelli fit that description.  

The Sabres receive revenue sharing funds, no? So they must either meet the requirement to average at least 75% of the average per game gate around the league or... They qualify for Industry Growth Fund monies to try and grow their revenues, stipulations of which include submitting a three year business plan to the Revenue Sharing Oversight Committee, which CAN oversee and evaluate the plan, which CAN result in revenue sharing going away.

If the IGF/RSOC thing was happening, I think we would have heard about it.

So it's pretty safe to assume that although the Sabres aren't snowblowing money into HRR, they are doing the minimum ask.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

Demand is less then we believe. None of our prospects that are not currently in the NHL are considered star quality. Every NHL team has someone like them, Buffalo just has more of them.  If KA was willing to package three or four of them he'd likely get a taker from a team ready to go full rebuild. He isn't.  He  could also easily trade Benson, Quinn, JJP or Owen but he rightfully will not do it.

I agree with this... I think our prospects currently not with us are highly over rated.... I also think teams are putting a premium on players that can operate in small space and take away space. I wish Adams would have put a premium on talent mix as opposed to the focus he seems to have had.  I also agree that trading those that currently have made the team (like a Middlestadt even) will bring better returns, but how much do we improve with that.  Although Owen is really starting to remind me of another Tyler Myers.... and we need more out of him than a Tyler Myers player. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/30/2024 at 9:12 AM, Dr. Who said:

So, this fella I mention now and again from the hockeybuzz site posted this late last night:

"You all are depressed but what's about to come will make fans excited trust me I wish I could tell you but I can't

I'll see you in October"

Another poster on that board who is relatively new there asked about the reliability of the fella, and stated the reasonable objection that no one, after all, knew the fella personally. One of the few intelligent posters there wrote back this in reply:

"I do, or at least did.

Used to talk to him frequently when we both joined the site prior to him moving to Cali.

Lines of communication have been spotty at best the last 4-5 years but I know enough that I can assure you he has connections.

Fwiw"

Maybe fan fiction, but I doubt it. The "insider" has been on that site for fifteen years, and seems to have some credibility. Anyway, I'm going to maintain hope and at least see if anything significant drops in the next week. It just beggars the imagination that even the most complacent of owners would not feel some urgency at this point, and I don't believe Ruff wants to be miserable, rather than having a last shot at glory

Sooo is this guys saying anything today?