Fire Kevyn Adams

Buffalonill

32 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I guess Adams forgot how to make trades since the Eichel, Risto and Reinhart trades. 🤔

If a team wants one of our prospects they can make a legit offer. It feels like yesterday when people were losing their minds over Eichel not getting moved immediately. Everyone thought Adams was over a barrel. Instead Kev held fast until VGK got serious.

What you call inexperience is more the opposite. Anyone of you whiners would have been taken to the cleaners while you show off the magic beans you just acquired.

Adams will make a trade when teams start offering value.

He just got swindled for a fourth line /Press box player.

Great value 

Edited by Buffalonill
  • dislike 1

13 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

So Beck Malenstyn is value for a relatively high second round pick?  Not sure why you are defending Adams.  He has had enough time to improve the team.  

He has improved the team since taking over. They took a step back last year. But because we are building though the draft and not through trades and free agency, it takes longer.

• Like (+1) 3

59 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I guess Adams forgot how to make trades since the Eichel, Risto and Reinhart trades. 🤔

If a team wants one of our prospects they can make a legit offer. It feels like yesterday when people were losing their minds over Eichel not getting moved immediately. Everyone thought Adams was over a barrel. Instead Kev held fast until VGK got serious.

What you call inexperience is more the opposite. Anyone of you whiners would have been taken to the cleaners while you show off the magic beans you just acquired.

Adams will make a trade when teams start offering value.

It's hilarious that you believe that Adams got value out of the Eichel and Reinhart trades.

Adams dealt those guys because he didn't believe you could build a winning team with them on the roster.  And the GMs who fleeced him said "hold my beer" and won a Cup with them.

Meanwhile, after 4 seasons Adams still has the youngest roster in the league and can't figure out how clear the low bar of making the playoffs.

Yeah, great value there.  

Adams got clowned on those deals and you hold them up like it's some kind of testament to Adams competence.

• Agree 5
  • dislike 1

The guy can’t identify the diamonds in the rough we need. He can’t negotiate with other GMs to get what he wants. He has almost no front office experience. His press conferences and interviews are pathetic. 

Just get this guy out of his misery already. Enough of this “wait and see” crap. Nothing worse than people who need a year to “see what happens” when the ones who have good instincts saw it years ago. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • dislike 1

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

He’s got this year. But he’s on the hot seat.

- - - 

At this point we might just need to get lucky to make the playoffs. Keep our heads down and wait for the cookie to crumble our way. We seem unwilling or perhaps incapable of manually configuring a winning club 

Considering the moves the teams around the Sabres have made, barring something major happening in the next couple of days, yes, they'd need a fairly substantial bit if luck to make the playoffs this season.

Still say Adams focus is on '26-'27 and being a legit contender that year.  Hoping we don't find out if Pegula is fully on board with that being the goal at the expense of this upcoming season. 

• Vomit 1
  • dislike 1

Adams always has some reason why he wasn’t able to make the moves necessary to help the team.  Always.  NMCs, a surprisingly competitive goalie market, agents breaking promises-in-principle, other teams loving the Sphere and not wanting the distraction of draft-day trades - it’s always something.  Other GMs don’t seem to have these constraints.  Other teams have risen and fallen and risen again in multiple cycles of re-stocking in the time it is taking Kevyn Adams to build one playoff-caliber roster.  Which he still hasn’t done and now we’re hearing new excuses.  He is a clown.

Edited by Cascade Youth
  • Agree 2

35 minutes ago, jad1 said:

It's hilarious that you believe that Adams got value out of the Eichel and Reinhart trades.

Adams dealt those guys because he didn't believe you could build a winning team with them on the roster.  And the GMs who fleeced him said "hold my beer" and won a Cup with them.

Meanwhile, after 4 seasons Adams still has the youngest roster in the league and can't figure out how clear the low bar of making the playoffs.

Yeah, great value there.  

Adams got clowned on those deals and you hold them up like it's some kind of testament to Adams competence.

Nice story, bro.

Here's what was exchanged:

VGK:

>Jack Eichel2

>2023 third-round pick (Mathieu Cataford)

BUF:

>Alex Tuch

>Peyton Krebs

>2022 first-round pick (Noah Östlund)

>2023 second-round pick (Riley Heidt)

Considering how many of us were willing to take a bag of pucks just to get Eichel off the team, I'd say Kev did well. 

Funny you didn't bring up getting a 1 for Risto (Isak Rosen) and getting Devon Levi and 1st (Jiri Kulich) from the Panthers.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

I don't think the issue is no other NHL GM's respect him.  If you are trying to make a deal with the Sabres, if its a deal you want you do it. If its a deal you don't want then you don't do it. I find it hard to believe other GM's would make a deal with the Sabres if they had a different GM, but won't make the same deal because they 'don't respect' Adams. 

If I was another team and my GM didn't want to make a deal with Adams because they don't 'respect him' but they would make that deal with another different Sabres GM...then I think MY GM would be the one I'd have the problem with.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I don't think the issue is no other NHL GM's respect him.  If you are trying to make a deal with the Sabres, if its a deal you want you do it. If its a deal you don't want then you don't do it. I find it hard to believe other GM's would make a deal with the Sabres if they had a different GM, but won't make the same deal because they 'don't respect' Adams. 

If I was another team and my GM didn't want to make a deal with Adams because they don't 'respect him' but they would make that deal with another different Sabres GM...then I think MY GM would be the one I'd have the problem with.

Yeah.  If other GMs don't respect him they should be falling over themselves to get deals made with him.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Nice story, bro.

Here's what was exchanged:

VGK:

>Jack Eichel2

>2023 third-round pick (Mathieu Cataford)

BUF:

>Alex Tuch

>Peyton Krebs

>2022 first-round pick (Noah Östlund)

>2023 second-round pick (Riley Heidt)

Considering how many of us were willing to take a bag of pucks just to get Eichel off the team, I'd say Kev did well. 

Funny you didn't bring up getting a 1 for Risto (Isak Rosen) and getting Devon Levi and 1st (Jiri Kulich) from the Panthers.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

Adams always has some reason why he wasn’t able to make the moves necessary to help the team.  Always.  NMCs, a surprisingly competitive goalie market, agents breaking promises-in-principle, other teams loving the Sphere and not wanting the distraction of draft-day trades - it’s always something.  Other GMs don’t seem to have these constraints.  Other teams have risen and fallen and risen again in multiple cycles of re-stocking in the time it is taking Kevyn Adams to build one playoff-caliber roster.  Which he still hasn’t done and now we’re hearing new excuses.  He is a clown.

The Sabres have made almost 40 draft picks the last 4 years.  That means they have the rights (signed and unsigned) to almost 40 players under the age of 23.  9 of those players are on the NHL roster.

They have 10 picks in the next year's draft.

They have 3 left shot, puck-moving, PP1 defensemen on the roster (4 if you count Johnson).  They have 2 young, NHL starter quality goalies.

They have over $20M in cap space this season.

You tell me that with that ammo, a decent NHL GM can't make a deal?

Any deal the Sabres make is going to cause some pain; require some sacrifice.  But that doesn't mean that the deal shouldn't be made.

I'm sure Blues fans are bummed about losing Thompson.  And Vegas fans miss Tuch.  But the majority of those fans would agree that what they got in return for thos trades was worth the sacrifice.

Adams is still unwilling to sacrifice his prospects or cap space to make necessary deals to improve the team.  It's a fatal flaw.  

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

4 hours ago, Thorny said:

He’s got this year. But he’s on the hot seat.

- - - 

At this point we might just need to get lucky to make the playoffs. Keep our heads down and wait for the cookie to crumble our way. We seem unwilling or perhaps incapable of manually configuring a winning club 

For the 25% of the players that are typically the most coveted, I am certain the correct word is “incapable”, hence my comment elsewhere that that KA needs to be a recruiter but isn’t much of one.

Nonetheless, this can’t be used as an excuse.  This team absolutely needs to identify and hire the right GM that is recruiter and closer to pull off a few difference maker deals.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Why? So Jerry Nepotism Forton can come in. Look at his wonderful pro scouting already. We'll be trading Dahlin for some turd sandwich who hit ppl in the ahl next. 

We know that Adams is not going anywhere right now.  However, another missed playoff could spell something different for him although he still believe he is safe under Lindy's 2 year deal.  

My question to you, don't you think Karmanos is ahead of Forton in the Organization ranking?  

2 hours ago, jad1 said:

Yeah, great value there.  

Adams is a giant pile of suck but he didn't want to get rid of either of those guys and you are nuts if you think he did. Jack demanded out, Sam was a year away from walking out the door for nothing. He had no choice about moving either, he had to trade them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

Adams is a giant pile of suck but he didn't want to get rid of either of those guys and you are nuts if you think he did. Jack demanded out, Sam was a year away from walking out the door for nothing. He had no choice about moving either, he had to trade them.

Eichel wanted out, first, because Adams refused to allow him to treat his back injury the way he wanted, insisting that he get a spinal fusion.

Second he wanted out because Adams wanted to tear the team down again instead of building around the team's current assets.

Reinhart wanted out because Adams didn't want to sign him to a long term contract and also he wasn't onboard with Adams' wrong-headed decision to tear down and rebuild.

Buffalo has had 3 GMs who had no clue how to build a team around guys like Eichel and Reinhart.  And Adams gave up with out really trying.

The excuse that those guys had to move because they were toxic in the locker room was proven false when they became contributing members of championship teams, playing for GMs who understood their value and respected them as players.

If the Sabres had a GM the quality of Zito or McCrimmon during the post tank years, the Sabres wouldn't be lost in the wilderness.

Edited by jad1
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Exactly. They can’t just be lowballing him when there are other people competing for the same assets. What good is lowballing if you don’t come away with anything? In cases where there are no competitors, sure, but that’s usually not the case if it’s a reasonable asset 

50 minutes ago, jad1 said:

Eichel wanted out, first, because Adams refused to allow him to treat his back injury the way he wanted, insisting that he get a spinal fusion.

Second he wanted out because Adams wanted to tear the team down again instead of building around the team's current assets.

Reinhart wanted out because Adams didn't want to sign him to a long term contract and also he wasn't onboard with Adams' wrong-headed decision to tear down and rebuild.

Buffalo has had 3 GMs who had no clue how to build a team around guys like Eichel and Reinhart.  And Adams gave up with out really trying.

The excuse that those guys had to move because they were toxic in the locker room was proven false when they became contributing members of championship teams, playing for GMs who understood their value and respected them as players.

If the Sabres had a GM the quality of Zito or McCrimmon during the post tank years, the Sabres wouldn't be lost in the wilderness.

I always wondered if there was friction between Eichel and KA before KA got the job.  

• Like (+1) 1