Fire Kevyn Adams

Buffalonill

20 hours ago, SwampD said:

Nothing we all don’t already know (other than I didn’t know it was the Sabres who had to pay Okposo’s $500k bonus for winning😂😂😂)

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8qO-kiAdfj/?igsh=NjZiM2M3MzIxNA%3D%3D

Not sure who will be able to see this and if someone knows where the original is I’d love to see it.

Not that this makes one bit of difference in the grand scheme of things, but Florida is actually on the hook for the bonus. 
(Hell I wouldn’t mind a 50 million dollar cap overage in exchange for a Cup)  
It’s listed under the Panthers for next season as a 500k carry over bonus on Cap Friendly 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Not that this makes one bit of difference in the grand scheme of things, but Florida is actually on the hook for the bonus. 
(Hell I wouldn’t mind a 50 million dollar cap overage in exchange for a Cup)  
It’s listed under the Panthers for next season as a 500k carry over bonus on Cap Friendly 

Everyone complains about Vegas and Tampa trying to do that. I, also, wish we would that.

And that makes sense that Florida is paying Okposo's bonus.

16 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I think 4 of these are definitely wrong and the 5th (Skinner/Zucker) is probably wrong.

And your repeated "Mitts was our best forward" refrain is both false and neither here nor there.  He had 14 goals (7th on the team) for a hugely disappointing team.  Whoop-de-dam-do.

Dude. 

You're so right - on both counts.

15 hours ago, JohnC said:

Maybe or maybe not? I really don't know.  The bigger issue is whether the team would be better with both of them on the team. I believe so. And it should be noted that I have said for a while (as you have also) that Quinn is going to be a very good player in this league. 

I think you're leaving a couple things out.  Of course having both Mitts and Quinn would make us better.  It's are we better with a good defender, players coming up, what else we do vs Mitts and 5.75 mil.  

12 hours ago, nfreeman said:

lol!  Haha!  Your opinions are so laughable!  I’m so clever I say everything 20 times in every thread!

I say again, entirely in good faith:  if Quinn stays healthy, he will be better for the Sabres this year than Mitts was last year.  And part of that difference in value is that goals are materially more important than assists.

You are of course free to disagree.

This seems weird to me. 

Quinn isn’t a new acquisition. He’s not an AHL’er, hell, he doesn’t even fill the same role as Casey Mittlestadt. 

This team still needs another center to replace Mitts. We don’t have one. 

I still don’t get the Byram trade. We needed more 200 foot forwards in the top 6, not less. Ryan Johnson could play the Byram roll as he comes of age. If BB plays up to potential we can’t even pay him the $10M he’d cost long term with Power/Dahlin on contract. I hope I eat my hat this year on this. But I would reverse the trade right now if given the opportunity. 

On 7/4/2024 at 10:28 AM, Cascade Youth said:

Back to the topic at hand:

Yea, absolutely, Kevyn Adams deserves to be fired.  He is a textbook example of an unqualified white man promoted by nepotism and held to relaxed standards of accountability.  He has achieved absolutely nothing, yet exudes an unflappable and unwavering confidence and cheerfulness in his media appearances because he knows his status is safe and secure.

I have been critical of Adams at times as well but please spare us your woke training rhetoric.  

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Mango said:

This seems weird to me. 

Quinn isn’t a new acquisition. He’s not an AHL’er, hell, he doesn’t even fill the same role as Casey Mittlestadt. 

This team still needs another center to replace Mitts. We don’t have one. 

I still don’t get the Byram trade. We needed more 200 foot forwards in the top 6, not less. Ryan Johnson could play the Byram roll as he comes of age. If BB plays up to potential we can’t even pay him the $10M he’d cost long term with Power/Dahlin on contract. I hope I eat my hat this year on this. But I would reverse the trade right now if given the opportunity. 

Well, I was responding to a post that stated that Mitts was better than Quinn.

You are of course right that they play different positions, but Quinn did miss most of last season.  If he's healthy next season (an unfortunately big if, given his injury history), I think it's reasonable to look at him as a new addition relative to last season.

You are also right IMHO that they need another center (although I don't agree with the implication in your post that Mitts was a good 200-foot player -- I think overall, after years of looking like a potential washout, Mitts evolved into a good NHL forward, who last season put up a bunch of empty-calorie numbers as one of the "leaders" of a hugely disappointing team).  My point was simply that I think Quinn will produce more offense next season than Mitts did last season.

As for the Mitts-Byram trade, IMHO it's still way too early to tell.  I'm pretty optimistic that Lindy will bring out the best of BB, and that BB will prove out to be a better and more value-added player than Mitts.

We'll see.

1 hour ago, 7+6=13 said:

I think you're leaving a couple things out.  Of course having both Mitts and Quinn would make us better.  It's are we better with a good defender, players coming up, what else we do vs Mitts and 5.75 mil.  

The contract that Mitts signed with Colorada, essentially a bridge contract, was a contract that the Sabres could easily have handled within their cap situation. Mitts is a 2C caliber player (my opinion) whose value is increased because of his versatility. He can play center or wing on any of our three lines. I like Byram, and from a talent standpoint this was a fair trade. As of right now, from a roster building standpoint, it set us back. (My opinion.) 

• Agree 2

31 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The contract that Mitts signed with Colorada, essentially a bridge contract, was a contract that the Sabres could easily have handled within their cap situation. Mitts is a 2C caliber player (my opinion) whose value is increased because of his versatility. He can play center or wing on any of our three lines. I like Byram, and from a talent standpoint this was a fair trade. As of right now, from a roster building standpoint, it set us back. (My opinion.) 

I'm not arguing with you, I'm just adding a couple points to consider in addition to.  Totally agree that we could have handled his contract, to me, that's a separate thing.  I'm just saying as we directly compare him vs what we do, that should be entered into the equation.

1 minute ago, 7+6=13 said:

I'm not arguing with you, I'm just adding a couple points to consider in addition to.  Totally agree that we could have handled his contract, to me, that's a separate thing.  I'm just saying as we directly compare him vs what we do, that should be entered into the equation.

I didn't take your comments as arguing with me. One of my points about this issue is that Mitts has a versatility that goes beyond playing a single position. Assuming that he could have signed a contract similar to what he signed with Colorada, it would be, in my view, a good value contract. Again, I didn't take your post in a negative. way. 

1 minute ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

Question for the group: Do you believe the Sabres are operating with their own cap or will Terry spend close to the max?

I personally believe the Terry cap still exists. If Adams finds an offer that exceeds it, Terry gets final say.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

I didn't take your comments as arguing with me. One of my points about this issue is that Mitts has a versatility that goes beyond playing a single position. Assuming that he could have signed a contract similar to what he signed with Colorada, it would be, in my view, a good value contract. Again, I didn't take your post in a negative. way. 

Oh definitely know we're not arguing, I just wanted to make sure you knew I wasn't.  So the deal with the Oilers factors in.  Cheaper with a lot of skill and McLeod does multiple things. So IMO, our factors could be coming together in order to do a proper comparison for losing Mitts.

A lot to discuss with this move today for sure.

• Eyeroll 1

On 6/29/2024 at 12:42 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

I want it remembered that I didn’t start this thread.  

I’ll admit that the thought had occurred, but I was going to wait until at least July 5th.

So far the team is not improved.  

I did say wait until 7/5 before getting the pitchforks for Adams.

1 hour ago, 7+6=13 said:

Oh definitely know we're not arguing, I just wanted to make sure you knew I wasn't.  So the deal with the Oilers factors in.  Cheaper with a lot of skill and McLeod does multiple things. So IMO, our factors could be coming together in order to do a proper comparison for losing Mitts.

A lot to discuss with this move today for sure.

After reading the comments about McCleod, I like this deal. We gave up a good prospect but still have a plenty of comparable or better prospects in the system. Still, would love to add a top six forward to the mix. Getting a player like Ehlers would be wonderful. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

While I like the McLeod addition, he’s a huge downgrade from Mitts.  Byram better have a big year.

Well, I did say I’d judge the trade based on what Adams did to backfill centre.

To me it’s basically a crafty 60-point 2C with slick hands, and a good skilled, fast, small, forward prospect.

for

A puckmoving 40-point 2/3D with elite feet, and a big, fast prototypical defensive 30-point 3C

Interesting hockey trade.

We’ll see how well  the parts match their profiles and how much the whole helps each team.

Edited by dudacek
  • Agree 2

My issue with KA is that he loses value in trades. Mitts-Byram was an upfront loss of value. Savoie-Mcleod (top 6 prospect for bottom 6 checker). Montour for a 3rd was awful. Eichel trade was a minus for us. Same for the Reinhart trade. Same for the Hall trade.

He trades like he has a gun to his head. 

It seems like he's content with shopping in the bargain bin, which is an issue given that we have one of the largest unused cap pools in the league. How tf can we win with a $15M handicap?

KA is an improvement over the last few GMs, but marginally.

The problem is Pegula.

Edited by seer775
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, dudacek said:

Well, I did say I’d judge the trade based on what Adams did to backfill centre.

To me it’s basically a crafty 60-point 2C with slick hands, and a good skilled, fast, small, forward prospect.

for

A puckmoving 40-point 2/3D with elite feet, and a big, fast prototypical defensive 30-point 3C

Interesting hockey trade.

We’ll see how well  the parts match their profiles and how much the whole helps each team.

Mitts and Savoie for Byram and McLeod. 

For Buffalo the trades really hinge on Byram. McLeod is probably a stop gap player to fill a big hole and to bring different and needed skills. 

On 6/29/2024 at 12:27 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Best way to keep the drought going is to blow things up every couple years.

But by the same token, waiting for crap to blossom into a rose never gets you anywhere either.

The idea is to first hire quality; then seek organizational stability.

Trying a new GM/coach every few years is necessary if what you currently have is crap.

Do you still wish we were all waiting for Ron Rolston or Ralph Krueger to put it all together in the name of stability?