Fire Kevyn Adams

Buffalonill

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Hockey reference is showing him a -3 on expected goals, and -1 on actual ES goal differential. His Corsi is -0.3.

If he's a train wreck in his own zone on whatever metric you saw, he must be pretty much exactly the opposite at the other end.

So what you are saying is Bowen Byram was a net negative player 

Just so I understand, you want to fight the battle that being only *somewhat* of an…overall disadvantage to your hockey team is a reasonable return for not only the player producing as your BEST forward but also, the largest trade chip your GM has ever utilized in a hockey trade?

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

So what you are saying is Bowen Byram was a net negative player 

Just so I understand, you want to fight the battle that being *only somewhat* of an…overall disadvantage to your hockey team is a reasonable return for not only the player producing as your BEST forward but also, the largest trade chip your GM has ever utilized in a hockey trade?

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

😁

• Haha (+1) 1

Bowen scored 3 goals to Casey's 4, but Bowen scored those in his 1st 3 games as a Sabre. He went scoreless for the rest of the season, some 15 games without scoring another. Just thought I'd add that, as he was the shiny new toy & quickly faded imho.

10 minutes ago, In The Buff said:

Bowen scored 3 goals to Casey's 4, but Bowen scored those in his 1st 3 games as a Sabre. He went scoreless for the rest of the season, some 15 games without scoring another. Just thought I'd add that, as he was the shiny new toy & quickly faded imho.

Granato effect

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Back to the topic at hand:

Yea, absolutely, Kevyn Adams deserves to be fired.  He is a textbook example of an unqualified white man promoted by nepotism and held to relaxed standards of accountability.  He has achieved absolutely nothing, yet exudes an unflappable and unwavering confidence and cheerfulness in his media appearances because he knows his status is safe and secure.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • dislike 1

Nothing we all don’t already know (other than I didn’t know it was the Sabres who had to pay Okposo’s $500k bonus for winning😂😂😂)

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8qO-kiAdfj/?igsh=NjZiM2M3MzIxNA%3D%3D

Not sure who will be able to see this and if someone knows where the original is I’d love to see it.

In fairness, I do think his hands are tied. When asked over the past 2-3 months about the unused cap space, he has said things like “I don’t think about the cap” or “I don’t worry about spending to the cap”, as though this is his choice.  The one time a reporter pressed a little on this at a year-end presser, Adams got a little frustrated and said (I’m paraphrasing): “I’ve been given the resources I need to be successful”. To me he was clearly towing the company position (the three E’s). Adams knows who pays his salary. If the owner wanted him to spend more and give up the assets necessary to make a splash, it would be done. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

On 7/3/2024 at 6:03 PM, Thorny said:

Mittelstadt > Quinn

Skinner > Zucker

Girgensons = Malenstyn

Okpsoso = Lafferty

Olofsson = Aube-Kubel

I think 4 of these are definitely wrong and the 5th (Skinner/Zucker) is probably wrong.

And your repeated "Mitts was our best forward" refrain is both false and neither here nor there.  He had 14 goals (7th on the team) for a hugely disappointing team.  Whoop-de-dam-do.

7 hours ago, Cascade Youth said:

Yea, absolutely, Kevyn Adams deserves to be fired.  He is a textbook example of an unqualified white man promoted by nepotism and held to relaxed standards of accountability.  He has achieved absolutely nothing, yet exudes an unflappable and unwavering confidence and cheerfulness in his media appearances because he knows his status is safe and secure.

Dude. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Cascade Youth said:

Who is he supposed to be related to?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I think 4 of these are definitely wrong and the 5th (Skinner/Zucker) is probably wrong.

And your repeated "Mitts was our best forward" refrain is both false and neither here nor there.  He had 14 goals (7th on the team) for a hugely disappointing team.  Whoop-de-dam-do.

Dude. 

lol ok man

- - -

all you ever do is quote my posts and tell me I’m wrong. I get it. We disagree, it’s fine lol

But candidly, do you ever get tired of having to argue not in good faith because you are so set on winning an argument? Ya dude. Goals. Let’s intentionally leave out what the playmaker does best haha. What he nearly led the *league* in when we dealt him, 5 V 5 assists 

do you have to make the bias THAT see through? You removed the assists from the assist man.

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think Jack Quinn will be better than Casey Mittelstadt this season. 

Maybe or maybe not? I really don't know.  The bigger issue is whether the team would be better with both of them on the team. I believe so. And it should be noted that I have said for a while (as you have also) that Quinn is going to be a very good player in this league. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Thorny said:

lol ok man

- - -

all you ever do is quote my posts and tell me I’m wrong. I get it. We disagree, it’s fine lol

But candidly, do you ever get tired of having to argue not in good faith because you are so set on winning an argument? Ya dude. Goals. Let’s intentionally leave out what the playmaker does best haha. What he nearly led the *league* in when we dealt him, 5 V 5 assists 

do you have to make the bias THAT see through? You removed the assists from the assist man.

lol!  Haha!  Your opinions are so laughable!  I’m so clever I say everything 20 times in every thread!

I say again, entirely in good faith:  if Quinn stays healthy, he will be better for the Sabres this year than Mitts was last year.  And part of that difference in value is that goals are materially more important than assists.

You are of course free to disagree.

4 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

lol!  Haha!  Your opinions are so laughable!  I’m so clever I say everything 20 times in every thread!

I say again, entirely in good faith:  if Quinn stays healthy, he will be better for the Sabres this year than Mitts was last year.  And part of that difference in value is that goals are materially more important than assists.

You are of course free to disagree.

It’s definitely possible. We’ve never discussed it. I’m on record saying I think Quinn becomes our best forward 

I merely said Mittelstadt was producing as our best forward and you said I had a “constant refrain” that was “false”

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I think Jack Quinn will be better than Casey Mittelstadt this season. 

Isn't that a bit apples to oranges unless Quinn is going to play center and focus more on playmaking.  Quinn is certainly a better goal scorer then Casey will every be, but his total game?

I would agree that Quinn has a very high pt potential.  I can see him putting up 75-80 pts with 35+ goals in the next few years. I just don't see the same playmaking skill set.

5 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Dude. 

Def not trying to say anything political.  Sub in prep schooler.  Or lottery winner.  The point is - he’s a frustrating example of someone who got where he is because of connections, not merit.  For those of us without connections who are judged every day by production, it’s hard to stomach.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Isn't that a bit apples to oranges unless Quinn is going to play center and focus more on playmaking.  Quinn is certainly a better goal scorer then Casey will every be, but his total game?

I would agree that Quinn has a very high pt potential.  I can see him putting up 75-80 pts with 35+ goals in the next few years. I just don't see the same playmaking skill set.

And Mittelstadt will never score 30g. I'd like both players in Buffalo but I think Quinn can bring more overall. Of course, that remains to be seen. 

Quinn has an exceedingly underrated forechecking game.