Brawndo

9 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

This board is ridiculous

I honestly don’t know this guy, but.

young, 26

grit plus big on the PK

2nd rounders have meaningful nhl careers about 25% of the time

quit overreacting - we can overreact if he doesn’t acquire any top 6 players

He's not even good defensively.  They're basing this on a 26 year old playing in Hershey.  Uhm, sorry a young 26.   Who gives a *****.  You claim this type of player on waivers.

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Or sign them for 1mil in ufa

Exactly LGR, I want to give this team a break, but they keep giving me ammunition to prove how inept they are.  Other teams give up seconds for serviceable defensemen like Marino.  We're giving away a second for a scrub 4th liner. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Archie Lee said:

Not sure on the value, but he is, in my view, the sort of 4th line player that changes our make-up. Big, physical, blocks shots, kills penalties. As part of a larger strategy that comes to fruition over the next 3-4 days, I’m fine. Obviously there needs to be more. 

Basically there will be unrest until the trade acquisition summaries don’t end with the bolded sentence

1 minute ago, Archie Lee said:

Not sure on the value, but he is, in my view, the sort of 4th line player that changes our make-up. Big, physical, blocks shots, kills penalties. As part of a larger strategy that comes to fruition over the next 3-4 days, I’m fine. Obviously there needs to be more. 

Basically there will be unrest until the trade acquisition summaries don’t end with the bolded sentence

been a theme starting with Byram 

Remember, we HAD Mittelstadt. That trade looks more dicey over time not less 

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Look if this was a 3rd or a 4th, whatever. They overpay on these 4th line guys constantly. It's insane. All the best to him though. At least he's tough and can play hockey. Also Washington sucked last year so maybe he'll be better in Buffalo. 

4 minutes ago, Archie Lee said:

Until we see a larger strategy this a bandaid on a bullet hole. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, ... said:

Haven't we established in every single active thread on this board that we're going to have to over pay to bring an NHL roster player here?

This is what that looks like. Even the non-glamorous moves are going to be that way.

Contextually this makes zero sense.

Players don’t go “fine I’ll go to Buffalo, but only if you give my former team a 2nd. That’s the only way!”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1